1940 Ford Sedan - Al's Rod Project

Looking sharp as Al, you'd almost think you might have done one or two before, Thanks for the updates.

Looking real good.

Those front ends can be finicky to line up the gaps, looks like you've done a real fine job.

I love the look of those full bodied Fords and I especially like the grill of the '40, they're sweet.

Progress update July 3, 2014.

Well, I was supposed to be driving by now, but unfortunately life gets in the way, its been one thing after another.

Back into the 40 project pretty steady now. No more deadlines, she'll be done when she's done. :mad:

Anyways, the body is getting close to prime and paint, lost my window of opportunity with my paint guy, so I'm pluggin away at everything else that eventually needs to get done.

The car is running, all wired now except for lights, dash is mostly assembled.

That's all for now.

Al
:)

Great progress Al, a very desirable ride so worth the wait, mate who needs paint, haven't you seen the latest craz ....... no I like to see paint on them to. Did you use an American dash or was it always going to be left hand drive :D:D:D

Update Sept 9, 2014

Update Sept 9, 2014

Fresh primer and guide coat. Now the block sanding fun begins.

Al

That is coming along nicely Al, that angle of the picture makes the hood look longer than it is compaered with the rest of the car, you've done a ton of work there so you will be driving next summer by the look of it.

We have Paint!!!!!!!!

Well "OL HEAP 3" has paint!!
The pics make the car look blue, but its actually turquoise.
Al
:):):)

Nov 27 ,2014 Update

Still pluggin away. Decided to add AC. That's turned into a project all on its own, but its almost done.

AC valance mock up

Trial fitting

In primer. I have a few small bits to bring over to my paint guy.

That's all for now.
Al

That is a pretty neat phone Al, maybe frame it as you hang on the wall photo. The car is looking great, you sure will be ready to cruise next season, :)

Jan 1, 2015 update.

Here's a shot of the final valance panel in place and a shot of the first interior panel. Hoping to finish up the rest of the interior panels in the next month or so.
Al

That did come out nice Al and really looks like what could have been a factory item, good for you mate.