1935 Ford Project -2Dr Sedan to 3W Coupe

....restless mind ....again. Loosing sleep over a shifter nob -not a store-bought 8-ball, flying eyeball, or a stock one but something different and unusual. I love old aluminum castings with all the cool letters and numbers, so I looked around at old fuel pumps, etc and came up with this.
I took the guts out and the dried up old gas and took a wire wheel to it that brightened up the dull, old casting. It still needs to be drilled and mounted and I'm still uncertain about the blingy gold hose barbs....but here it is.....

BXwTaBFl.jpg

t2IfIqal.jpg

UnSQVnKl.jpg

R1letKol.jpg

Cool shifter knob! But I second the need to loose the barbs.

...ok, ok, you whiny bitches....I'll have to find another way to be a bad-assed m*therf*cker......hahaha

Linc why not plumb in a short hard line either out front or rear from inlet to outlet? Keeping it as tight to the body of the pump as possible? Just a thought might look cool? :cool:

Bash

Last edited:
David, give me an idea as to what you think will work for the top of the canister and I can whip one up for you out of aluminum. Then you can distress it like you want.
You can throw the top or the whole thing in the (maybe) mail, if that would work.

Too bad we missed you on the tour stop.
# in Rodside.

Brian

...thanks Bash, sounds cool and I'll have to think about it....

....thanks for the offer Brian but (if I understand your offer) I want to keep the original top intact because I like all the cast numbers, screws, and details of the upper canister....

UnSQVnKl.jpg

David,
Get Brian just to make a couple of aluminum plugs with say with a rounded head??

Or cut a Philips head into the plug to simulate large screws.. ;)

...huge milestone -chassis assembly done and ready for body final mounting this week. Just might make it to the Jalopy Jam Up if all goes well.
Here are a few shots:

vN5wavfl.jpg

GtNTb6cl.jpg

6djE8dtl.jpg

rL97bW6l.jpg

B9aFMCIl.jpg

FwG8L25l.jpg

Wow, you haven't been dragging your feet! Chassis looks sweet and as you say a huge milestone! Way to go.

I don't quite get the dual mufflers on each side--fill me in--I'm missing something--other than that it is looking awesome:D

...Stony couldn't wait, so he ran out to the shop and brought the body down for the final time....

Z8g9uCul.jpg

G3K6wq5l.jpg

KVxLO7rl.jpg

fp9ozYXl.jpg

Man does that gold engine paint ever dazzle in the sunlight. I've seen tons of gold paints over the years but this stuff (Caswell, period perfect for '58 olds) is spectacular. So glad I didn't cheap out on the engine paint....

I don't quite get the dual mufflers on each side--fill me in--I'm missing something--other than that it is looking awesome:D

Since the car is going to be an empty tin can on wheels, I wanted the exhaust to be quiet and not resonate with a ton of noise in the cabin. I used the same system with the '46 Lincoln and all you could hear outside and inside was a quiet motor hum. To the discerning ear you know something has been done....it's just different.....

....well thanks guys, I appreciate your comments. The build has been going on about 2 years now and I'm just about peeing my pants seeing all this custom work and custom pieces coming together....

...haha, my Lincoln took 15 years (and wasn't 'finished')...
Engine goodies have been added -fuel pressure gauge, high output alternator, etc. Now window templates have been made all around and the door windows have been proved functional. As mentioned way back somewhere in this post, the '35 and '36 Ford (some models anyway) came without separate vent windows in the doors. So, in order for the glass to move a little for a vent type air circulation, the glass moved back and down to open and up and forward to close. (Whole lot of voodoo in the window crank mechanisms).

8j9S2TN.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R8BsiAZWvw&feature=youtu.be