1935 Ford Project -2Dr Sedan to 3W Coupe

EDITED:
.-I'm sure it will be more exciting than standing around in an empty garage

I can attest to that.....got an empty garage and it's no fun.

BTW, build is looking real good. You sure do love that green tape though.

...back rolling again after too long (a bottleneck in the shop and a big delay getting some engine work done). The engine was pulled for a rebuild and while it was out, it was an opportune time to do an overdue repair to the passenger side front frame rail. It has had a good smack in the past and was patched badly, so after some cutting, heavy duty pounding, and a stretch in the forge (literally), it is reinstalled and matches the driver's side.....

Finally the engine delays are over and it is was reassembled after the rebuild and super cleaned to prep for paint....

Engine colour is the accurate Olds gold for the 371 engine. A Caswell kit was used that has POR15 included and it's cured and hard as a bullet.....

Add some fancy-assed valve covers and a carb, and it starts to look presentable....

Finally the engine delays are over and it is was reassembled after the rebuild and super cleaned to prep for paint....

Engine colour is the accurate Olds gold for the 371 engine. A Caswell kit was used that has POR15 included and it's cured and hard as a bullet.....

Add some fancy-assed valve covers and a carb, and it starts to look presentable....

PAINT! Did I hear you utter the word paint????

I third that.....

David, I'm way late coming to your build thread. But honestly, I started two days ago reading and just finished this morning. What can I say? Holy Uckfay Batman that is some job you have undertaken.

Yes, I know you aren't taking any credit for the metalwork, but you're the guiding light here. And it is nothing short of incredible. Damn fine job.

So now the motor has been sitting on the garage floor gathering dust for one month while the world awaits word of your progress. Surely things have made it further in the past month and we're all anxious to see and hear about the latest. I hope you haven't had any more big delays and you're just teasing us with the wait! :)

Yes, David, we need an update. At least you are making progress on your two rides. Mine has stalled due to Yard stuff.....

....sorry for the absence and delays -I had a computer crash and on top of that I've been denied access to my Photobucket account. I don't know if it was hacked or if Photobucket simply pulled the plug since they were making no money on me -no mugs, calendars, or other crap. Also, I wasn't anywhere near the capacity for my albums.
I 've loaded some pics onto Picasa but have yet to find out how to grab an 'img' link thingy similar to the photobucket process. I can grab the file location manually but they don't display or 'open' in the write-up (they need a prompt from the reader and need to be opened individually). Such a pain in the ass but rest assured I'm working on an update....

What is also interesting is that I can click on your pictures and it takes me to your account and allows me to copy the link as if it was my account.

....and thanks for the kind words. Way back in this thread I mentioned that the frame was going to be disassembled, blasted, painted, and reassembled. Well, it's not happening at least that way anyway. As it stands right now, the engine is still sitting on the shop floor, the wiring is about to commence, and we decide that it's an opportune time to paint the interior, the underside of the car (floorpans, etc), and the frame. Access to all the nooks and crannies is available so it is now or never. Bulletproof, black, shiny, epoxy will do the trick with little prep required for the sheet metal and simple descaling for the frame.....

Yk3wL2u.jpg

QRReVde.jpg

QRDvihK.jpg

BHWZu7Z.jpg

13vtQ1E.jpg

With the painting done, next is the install of the engine and trans, then the exhaust system, gas tank install, rad install, body, wiring.....

Last edited: