1932 Ford Pickup Project

Great piece of history, makes me wish I'd kept the one I had.
Keep it stock, just safety upgrades, and tool around like a king! Have fun! Take kids for rides, show 'em what a real truck is.......

I've thought of doing some of the old school mods to my banger just to see if I can get it up to 70 mph. Play with the jet (not jets!) maybe. I've got an extra set. Drill it out just a little bit. If I had another banger engine I'd play with things a lot more but I don't want to get too carried away with this one.

70mph and then try a panick stop ...... lol there was an old guy in Naton alberta that has a Model AA 1 and 1/2 it had a 3spd gear box with a 3spd aux and a 2spd rear end was a chip truck at a time .. said he had the speedo bent past 75 and had too do everything he could too shut it down parked it right after that ..

The brakes are better than they were when I first got it but yeah if I had to make a panic stop things might get ugly.

My only other planned mods are 12 volt conversion and better exterior lights, turn signals, brake lights etc. Safety stuff more than anything. The paint etc is staying like it is.

I kept skipping over this one because I thought I already saw it - Boy was I ever wrong! That truck is awesome! Great score and nice work on going through it so far.:cool::cool:

That other little black is wicked sinister!!!:D

Looks like mine when it showed up in the front yard in July 1973 only yours is drivable from the get go.Curiously what is your VIN mine is BE30 and its the same on the frame.

Ford Canada had its own numbering system two letters maybe 3 followed by short group of numbers hard as hell to find but I do have it writen down someware. U S 4 bangers started with AB then later BB and a long string of numbers

canVIN.jpg

This is from the western New York ford V8 club http://www.wnyrg.org/canvins.html Fairly acurate but not gospel. there is more info on http://www.fordgarage.com/pages/ABenginenumbers.htm still may be some exceptions?

Last edited:
32 truck

boy awsome truck , keep her stock i say , at least for awhile , nice work on banjo , how does she drive

Real nice truck , good enough shape to show off yet not so shiny that your scared to run it around town .

Ours was bought new from the Ford dealership in Welland by a farmer in Fenwick,it was driven until '54 then stuck in a shed.Sometime between new and '54 the engine must have gone bad (probably froze)because it had a Ford factory rebuilt which turned out to be a "C"" engine with the counterbalanced crankshaft.My wife bought it for us in '73 at the farm auction.

Yours is absolutely beautiful,what a find Sure hope I look that good and still run that good when I'm 81 years old.

Ours was the same so after driving it for a while I decided I was going to do something about it.After more money than I'll ever admit it was back on the road with all of the things needed to make it drivable for long distances on todays roads.And drive it we have nearly 80,000 miles since 1992.It has been as trouble free as any new car and way more fun.It does have to be maintained to a higher degree than a new car but thats also part of the fun.