1932 Ford Pickup Project

Kevinsrodshop

Well the cats out of the bag now. The 32 in Stettler is now home with me. And I have to tell you I couldn't be happier. Its been over 15 years since I bought an actual running complete old vehicle. The most fun bringing it home was the flat tire on the trailer. Many thanks to the gentleman I bought the truck from plus Tirecraft in Stettler for getting me back on the road.

Putzing around the neighbor hood so far giving rides to the neighbors has been a hoot! She needs a little TLC which I'll be doing over the next few days.

IMG_3909.jpg

IMG_3910.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_3913.jpg

IMG_3914.jpg

IMG_3915.jpg

IMG_3916.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3919.jpg

IMG_3885.jpg

IMG_3892.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to build this with my other cab. The stance and tires/wheels just make the truck in my opinion. Now that I know I actually fit in a 32 cab with a stock firewall.

DanS.jpg

SWN10020.jpg

Cool! And it's neat that is that somewhere along the line, someone has installed a passenger car grille in it.

Well, that is one NICE truck....I saw it in the classifieds and thought it was a good buy.

What are your short term/long term plans ???

That is one kickass vehicle Kevin,...the pics took me rigjht back to the day 14 months ago, when I drove my Model A off the trailer at home. That first tour around the neighbourhood is unforgetable.

What a great find there Kevin, mate just drive it like it is for a while then restore it when you are ready to do so and in the mean time find parts to build a rodded version as well. That sure is a great example and worthy of keeping as is.

Last edited:
Well after a long gruelling few months of setback after setback the 32 is back on the road. It now has a rebuilt rear end, new gears (3.54 from 4.11) new bearings, races, seals and a spray can paint job. Changed the speedo gear for the change in the rear gears but haven't checked its accuracy against a GPS. More importantly I finished going through the brakes and installed the Flathead Teds brake floater kit. Took it out today and other than a slight pull to the left it actually stops now! Even managed to get the fronts to lock up. For the first time I'm actually not scared to drive it. The original brakes were non existant. Took some polishing compound to a small spot and the green paint shines up a little. That might be the next project, shining up the rest of the paint. Still have to install new chrome handles, window cranks and mirrors. Also starting to think about wiring upgrades to 12 volts and some real lights for a little more safety.