1932 Ford Pickup Project

That is so rad! Only thing I would do is a couple vintage speedparts to the banger. Also maybe some new wood in the bed. Other than that drive the shit out of it!

I think Mitchell ment, have fun driving the old truck this summer, because I, for one, wouldn't drive the poop out of it, to nice a vintage to do that.

Sell the engine......uh yeah that aint gonna happen. :)

Its been a hoot to drive right up until the fuel pump died. Its getting a mini 12 volt conversion now to get a 12 volt electric pump and get it back on the road. I might go to my grave with this truck. Its just so cool.

My Laaawwdd that is one sweet truck! i wish they wouldnt have messed with the body on my 30-31! it would have been the perfect older brother to your truck Kev!

My Laaawwdd that is one sweet truck! i wish they wouldnt have messed with the body on my 30-31! it would have been the perfect older brother to your truck Kev!

Hell yeah we'd look cool driving down the road together! 31 and a 32. One towing the other home after it broke down lol. If race city was still open a side by side heads up drag race would have been cool too. Times in the mid 20 seconds range!

Next Summer for sure! im lookin to do the same upgrages to my truck, brakes, rear end gearing. I havent looked in to them yet,what kinda dollars are we talkin?

Get the Flathead Teds brake floater kit if you are keeping the mechanical brakes. What a huge difference that made. George Moirs has it for about 200 bucks.

I ended up having to do a complete rear end rebuild, bearings, ring and pinion seals, one axle shaft, new speedo gear to work with the new gears. Cant remember total dollars but it was probably around $500. The gears are the big ticket item. I got 3.54 gears since that was the best I could find. If there were any closer to 3.00 I'd get them. The RPM is still pretty high at 40-45 mph.

Good point! Wonder what the RPMs are at that speed. For those that don't know I downloaded a GPS speedometer app onto my phone and took the truck out one day. I hit a top speed of 64 mph, yes miles per hour not kilometers per hour. That was all out, pedal to the floor, thats all there is and there aint no more. I had a wee bit of a smile on my face at the time. I love this truck.

Sweet truck!! I wouldnt do a darn thing with that...I'd leave her as is. (And I love street rods...just couldn't cut that one up)

The motor mounts were shot also so they got replaced as well as the rad hoses. The new motor mount wasn't tight yet, and cotter pin installed. It was later.

Flushing out the rad and the block produced a bunch of nice brown sludge.

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3927.jpg

Last edited:
I started redoing the brakes since the truck came with brand new linings and a rivet kit. Pulling off the left rear drum I found a small leak from the axle tube. A new axle seal fixed that.

IMG_3957.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg

IMG_4062.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg

Great work, once you are able to put that split pin (cotter pin ) in, would you also be fitting a thick washer there, just curious. Aren't they great how easy everything is to work on them. A great truck to say the least.

Last edited:
However pulling off the right rear drum revealed a major leak. Everything under that drum was soaked in gear oil. So that means new axle seals on both sides. The banjo rear needs to come out for that to happen.

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4066.jpg

IMG_4070.jpg

IMG_4077.jpg

Then the fun really began. Found the wheel bearing race on one end bell was shot. Thankfully a repair sleeve is available so a quick trip to Cactus machine got that fixed. The next problem was a huge chunk of tooth missing from the pinion gear. Since I'm buying a new ring and pinion I may as well get a better gear ratio. Originally it was 4.11 gears and I'm putting in 3.54s just to get a little more speed out of it. I'm going to need all the help I can get with a 50 hp engine. A spray bomb overhaul on the endbells as well.

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg

IMG_4299.jpg

IMG_4300.jpg

Last edited:
So here is the rear with all new bearings, seals, better gears and a high tech spray bomb paint job ready to go back in the truck.

IMG_4315.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4316.jpg