1928 Model A Highboy

Thanks 59er, trying to keep a semi- traditional look , well except for the 5.0 and numerous other things, it will still look like an A no chop and no body mods

Your chassis turned out really nice! And you are right that's a big piece of the puzzle finished......it's all uphill from here!!

Nice work

I decided to make life easier and mount the body on a rotisserie, couldn't find one I liked or was willing to pay the price for. I just need to finish the balance assembly and the car should be on the one i'm building shortly. Build a lot heavier than the cheap ones I looked at.

hOSKJb2h.jpg

Almost have the rotisserie done, much heavier than anything I looked at. Serious overkill for the Model A body, Just needs some braces and a little paint and I can hang the car on it.

btbYI06h.jpg

UhuTjRCh.jpg

XTqnkWdh.jpg

Finally finished the rotisserie, my kids let me work on it when I'm not fixing there cars:) Just need to make a couple mounts for the car.

DxRQYJxh.jpg

I sure hope your car mounting part goes faster then mine is, but I'm old, almost a week part time to make body mount adaptors for my new KMS rotisserie. Heavy car so going with two body attaching points per arm. (pictures?)

Your rotisserie looks good, I always do the soul searching dilemma of if I build instead of buying then thats time away from the project that at this age I might not have?

Not sure if I can see them on yours but mine, as well as having the jam bolts to hold things in place, on the main two uprings has provision for through locking bolts in case the mast tube jam bolts slip. Not a big deal with a model A but some concern for a '56 plymouth wagon. :)

Mounting the Model A will be easy, finding time is the tough part, I was going to drill the main support for pins and I still may.The jacks are rated for 5 tons each and the rotisserie is built with 3" and 3 1/2" .188 wall tube and all the hardware is grade 8, serious overkill for the Model A

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I watched a bunch of Youtube videos where two engine stands were used as a rotisserie but it looked very questionable to say the least. I value my safety to much to ever try that. Total cost was just under $900.00 and a conservative weigh rating would be 4000lbs

Well it seems like forever since I've done anything with the car but life tends to get in the way, 2020 will be the big push to finally get this project completed.

Looking great, I’ll defiantly be going through your thread here when I start my next Tudor, hopefully soon, wife dependent lol

I believe this picture is a requirement once mounted:)

Wt9uy8vh.jpg

]
sEoODtSl.jpg

Now that is a great looking rotisserie! And I see nothing wrong with over engineering things you build; I've been accused of that often. If I may offer one suggestion to this, it would be to tie the two supports together. A simple tube that slips into the two wheeled legs that point towards each other would do. A nut welded to the top, near the end could accommodate a locking bolt to secure this
"tie rod". I only mention this because it is a feature that I've seen on most rotisseries.

Bgbkwndo.