1928 Model A Highboy

Finally found some time to work on the car, final welding is finished and the frame is in 2K primer sealer, nice to see it in something other than bare steel.

nJrnNBgl.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good.

What color are you painting the chassis? Is the body getting paint as well?

Trying out the new IMGUR account with a couple pics, started painting chassis parts, grey looks almost black till the light hits it, should look pretty good.

Q062jhgl.jpg

FJRy3kjl.jpg

Car got it's dancing shoes today, should look pretty good for junkyard rims and shiny paint, just need to source some spider caps. Also need to figure out a good way to get that blue coating off, pressure washer maybe.

8RKl7All.jpg

Last edited:
Three hours with a wire wheel and a pressure washer to get the rear diff squeaky clean for two coats of sealer, should have colour by tomorrow morning.

RkgEXuYl.jpg

Got the rear diff painted this morning and put the wheels on, the red in my opinion works pretty well with the grey. Decided to go red on the rear caliper mounts for a little direct contrast. Also cleaned but didn't paint the rear diff bolts for a cleaner look.

ndBa2F9l.jpg

EDNd30ol.jpg

Last edited:
A little more progress, got the rear suspension in today and squared it up, Going to tackle the front suspension in the morning and push t outside to see how it looks.

T0nSniYl.jpg

Likely the first deadline I have met so far but it's officially a roller again and the best part is it's not coming apart again.

ezHxveZh.jpg

3htiPizh.jpg

ZMrknTXh.jpg

4hlLw9ah.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work.....frame sure looks bare from the rear with that link setup hidden behind the crossmember. :)

PG409 ....frame sure looks bare from the rear with that link setup hidden behind the crossmember.

I thought the same thing, but a figure a car sitting on it should fill things out:)