Added a link to my photo bucket pictures so that you can go through them all

Well last Friday was an eventful day as Jamie delivered the Vicky to us :D:D:D

IMG_2644.jpg

Again a BIG THANKS to Jamie Rick and Daryl :):cool:

Let the build begin:rolleyes:;)

IMG_2645.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

So far we have ( Barry and I ) squared, leveled and plumbed the H beams on the rolling table set the axle centre lines, fabed up the upper and lower side rails along with the jag mount cross member tacked together

Tubeframedesign.jpg

PS when Jamie was here he taught me this picture posting stuff:cool::cool:

http://s1137.photobucket.com/user/tooltime109/library/30 Vicky build 2011?sort=2&page=1

Last edited:
I am VERY concerned about the loss of valuable BC tin to other jurisdictions.

I think I am going to call my MP to determine if we can place embargos on exports
and stop this loss of valuable historic vehicles.

I think I am going to call my MP to determine if we can place embargos on exports

Kind of like contraband ...... illegal to cross provincial boundaries.

That's a fine body on the Vicky, should be sweet with the tube chassis and IRS hanging out back.

We are used to starting out with this
31vickyarrivinghome.jpg

And that is 30 years ago

31vickyarrivinghome001.jpg

I am using a pro tools manual pull bender and drill press mounted notcher

Very Nice, great to see another project on the go...and complete with pictures Too!
I have not used a notcher at all, but is the drill press version a way you would go again?
...and can we get a picture of the bending machine as well?
Thanks for the thread; I will be following as well.
Greg

Hey Tim.... some really neat stuff there. Will it be ready for Victoria in '13? Get those "electric shirts" out again and bring it out to play. In the mean time, Thank You for the pics, and I look forward to seeing the progress.
Clarke

Holy Geez eh! (in the Bob and Doug McKenzie way)

Tim maybe you should slow down a little, it's been a week and at this rate you'll be finished before winter ends, then what will we have to look forward to!

2013 should be a breeze:rolleyes:

Great job Tim/Barry...looking fantastic!!

Keith, if you were home when the body was picked up maybe you could have tried to impose that tax but because you weren't there wasn't anyone there to collect!!

Reading Jamie's post of how the body got there was already interesting, now you follow it up with a build thread? That's awesome, many of us will be glued to the screen.
I like the look of that tube frame. I notice you have new front & rear fenders in one picture, good idea, you'll save a lot of time by going that route.
Are you at liberty to lay out the mechanical spec's yet?

I'm a little late to the party.
Congrats on the fine fine body you picked up. I'm amazed at the quality of it.
Can you fill me in on how you found it? I'm in the market for the same style body for a build I'm planning.

Pretty complicated to find it really. Was in the classifieds for quite a while. Surprised it lasted as long as it did. It is a quality piece when you realize what it is. They are usually full of wood, unlike other model A's, but Tinman put in a steel floor and structure. Good piece for cheap money, considering the work in it. Pat.

Good to see you are getting into it Tim, another new one to look at next time I'm up there, so please keep the build photos coming.

Not too much done today. I just made up some filler pieces where the tubes cross the heidts cross member along with vertical pieces between the frame tubes

Here is the bender and notcher pics. Tomorrow I will make up a plate to mount the notcher into the recepticals on the bench similar the the vise and bender because the drill press chuck keeps falling down with the vibrations:mad::mad::mad:
IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg