The 29 is on the road

Been a slow post op recovery winter, starting to get some stuff done now.

Decided to through a T spring in the A, getter sitting a bit lower in the arse.

20210309_120030.jpg

If you've ever down "A" spring shackles with brake linkage still on, you know one shackle nut is a slow go. These torque adapters work awesome for them.

20210311_125912.jpg
20210311_125929.jpg
20210311_125946.jpg

So out of a 9 leaf T stack, I removed 2 leafs completely, and cut down 2 others to move to the bottom of the stack.
Dropped the back roughly 2.25" from where my A spring was. I had modified my stock A spring a similar way, it was a ten leaf stack where I had cut down 4 leafs and relocated them to the bottom.

The trimmed leafs that where relocated to the bottom of the stack I re-arced so they matched the main leaf radius.
I originally was going to run all four on the bottom, (to keep a 2.5" stack thickness) but found that wasn't necessary due to the tighter radius of the T spring.

20210311_080831.jpg

No not yet, still a bit of that white shit left lol.
Plus I have to wait till they sweep the streets, running the A open wheel.

I've used moly grease in the past but it (as we all know ) collects all the dirt, dry graphite I found works great on them.

I was thinking some kind of nylon strips....maybe not..probably won’t last long...carry on..

I suppose you could, but you'd have to drill the springs for retainer holes or they would eventually work them selfs out. The T spring I just put in was a 26 and the amount of wear on it for being 95 years old was negligible, so imo not much more needed then some dry graphite, but that's just me.