The 29 is on the road

Taggart29

Supporting Member
7jACxCX.jpg

Car has all the original drivetrain, 3”x4.5” rake chop, I re-arched the front spring, rear spring I removed a few leafs, cut them down and swapped to bottom of the pack. Almost everything I rebuilt, the only thing I didn’t tear right down was the engine.
She’s not fast but sure is fun to drive with all the original gear.

Very, very Kool...is that original paint or did you do a patina paint job...love the high rise exhaust...

Thanks!, nope, I painted the patina, not everyone’s cup of tea but I’m happy with it. The high rise is actually the intake and was my mock up intake lol but has stayed in for a bit, have plans for a new different style. The exhaust I split into two short lake pipes.

Have a few drawings done up for a new style of intake that will better suit the car, will start on it in the spring. At the same time I’ll be sending my rad off to Don’s in lethbridge there to get redone, as well as installing some new adjustable lifters. Will also be redoing and installing the rear seat. Bit of work running along side the Satellite project lol. Will post some pics of the new intake after it’s built

I noticed more people are using the original banger motors...very cool but how well do they move the car down the road and are they reliable?

Thanks Keith!

As far as the old banger pulling the jalopy down the road, well, you defiantly can’t be in a hurry to go anywhere hahaha, 35 mph she’s happy, 45mph she starts tremblin and it’s always a good idea to keep a few tools in the car lol. It has only come home on the trailer once in the past 130 miles, due to the new Chinese coil shorting out. She’s under powered and not fast, however, double clutching up and down, adjusting mixture and timing all on fly sure makes it a riot to drive! Hopefully with the new rad and lifters in the spring I can’t get a bit better power out of her and keeper cool.

Thanks very much. The hood was a pain, it came off a different car so the metal was at a different level of wear, I ended up re-painting it 6 times over till I was happy with the way it blended to the rest of the car.

B0FY04J.jpg

nMrQzCf.jpg

I machined the door handle pivots out of industrial electrical strain reliefs, then machined some nylatron bushings for them. Hopefully will be making some door panels this summer as well.