Supporting Membership - Payment Methods

I tossed a tote bag over the local snail's shoulders & pointed him (sorry her) to Markham which I'm told is around Chicago? Funds WILL arrive!!

Al, I was driving down my street yesterday in my roadster and almost ran over a snail until I saw a huge tote bag over it's shoulder. Fortunately, I could swerve in time. It eventually made it to my house. :D

Al, I was driving down my street yesterday in my roadster and almost ran over a snail until I saw a huge tote bag over it's shoulder. Fortunately, I could swerve in time. It eventually made it to my house. :D
Did I ever mention that I am a 33 plus year vet of Canada Post?. It warms my heart and pads my pension every time
I read of someone using The Snail Mail!!:)
Fred

Frank many years ago I suggested that you have a paid membership which you didn't want to happen at the time. Mate as you know I am happy to put dollars in, sure I never said anything on your last posts but rather sat back and waited for the outcome and then see what happens.

The auction we had then was a great thing for commroddery at the time but really it should be a payment thing.

I'll talk to a friend and use their pay pal account, I don't even know how that works, I know it is hooked to a credit card yadda yadda.

I don't come on here as often as I used to but look in every now and then.

So after all of the reading on the other posts and getting bored with it all. Will we be able to post photos directly here etc.

Cheers, John

Last edited:
As Keith said John, yes, for supporting members. That's what was concluded in our discussions.

I don't come on here as often as I used to but look in every now and then.

Cheers, John

May I ask why that is?. The reason that I ask is that I joined shortly after Davy Jo passed away and so I was not fortunate enough to have been here to read his comments. However, the talk of the infamous Davy Jo was a BIG part of the forum back then as he very well liked. The reason I bring THAT up is that it seems that most of the regular contributors that were big fans of Davy are also many of the people that USED to be regulars that I rarely if ever see here any more. I don't believe in coincidence so I can't help think that Davy's passing and then the people that seem to have dropped out within a few years after that were big fans might be related.

Cody....there is no question that davey-jo kept this forum lively and entertaining. I like to think that Oldray is stepping up to take over the task and for that I applaud him.
People come and go from forums as interest changes, work schedules, divorces, and cars sold. :):)

Frank....reading between the lines. The forum was raided by other interests by using the personal message system for contact. Am I being too blunt here? Certainly was a BC connection to that.

Yes, there was some dissension and whatever from a number of different "factions" actually.

However, we prevail and there are some fine people hanging out here. Hopefully more on the future. :)

I was on here way b4 the 2008 clear out & restart but I must have missed something? I know there was a brief to/fro with Matt & he left but :confused: Mind you I missed some large gaps dealing with cable down south & ops here.

Last edited:
I guess I hit a sore spot as no enlightenment.
Al, sorry for the delay in replying. No, you didn't "hit a sore spot". It's simply history that doesn't need rehashing. And, enlightenment requires pointing fingers so-to-speak. No need.

We're forging ahead and, as I said
However, we prevail and there are some fine people hanging out here.

Hi guys and gals: Sorry I am late to the party but still want to support this forum. Paid via PayPal. Thanks Frank.