Points east 2009

Something wrong with that pic of John..... no hat and no beer, then we'd all recognize him. Great pictures, looks like a wonderful adventure, roll on, take care of each other and be safe.
Clarke

Bullet:DLooks like 6.00PM A&W 370 Pleasant St. Dartmouth July 9 2009.It will be great to see you

Bob

Now 30 - no rain - in Gatlinburg, Tennessee

Man - our '37 didn't meet the July 1 deadline. So, we headed to Tennessee with the wally wagon.

:cool: - sunny - get the shades out

:eek: - shopping, scenery, Smokie mountains, etc.

:mad: - missing you fellow rodders; but, not the weather

You all take care now. Where are you at?

We are heading north of the border on Friday a.m.

Vickster,
They''re on Cape Breton Is. this evening, North Sydney.
Tomorrow is a trip around the Cabot Trail and back to N. Sydney.
Thurs. Dartmouth at the A&W cruise nite across the harbour from Halifax.
Fri. back to NB, Moncton & the Atlantic Nationals.

Bob ( 34Ford),
Thanks for the time. I won't leave for the city till mid afternoon. I'm 2 hrs. west of the city on the South Shore. Will be good to meet and greet everyone from the forum.

Hi Everyone,

I left the group in Miramichi at Monday 7:30am Toronto time, arrived Tues 3:30am in Milton, Chevelle ran great.

Everyone is doing well, and I bet the sun finally came out as I left them.
I had a great time considering driving through 4 days of rain, no chance of putting the top down.
It was grand to meet everyone and share many laughs, I miss you all.

The picture below is from Campbellton N.B:

There was a local fella watching us roll into the A&W, when he mentioned, “The Chevelle has some loose parts”
Upon checking it out, he was right; the rim center cap had lost a screw, and was loose.
Jacked the car up during the meet and greet, took the tire off, went to Canadian Tire for parts. The guys even helped us put the tire on.

Screws and washers = .90 cents
Getting help from the locals = priceless

meandfriend.jpg

Last edited:
Bob's been bugging me to post pics
here's my fav
got this getting on the PEI ferry
P7060002.jpg

got if fixed
great place called Ideal Muffler in New Glasgow N S

..any other serious casualties so far? How are Jamie and Stacey coping with their webbed feet?

Was there a change of plans and everyone took the ferry from PEI to Pictou NS, or did some come back across the Confederation Bridge ?

I would have suggested the ferry, shorter to CBI that route.

Last edited:
Thanx for the pics and updates guys! Now you got us westerners pining for a tour of our own!

Was there a change of plans and everyone took the ferry from PEI to Pictou NS, or did some come back across the Confederation Bridge ?

I would have suggested the ferry, shorter to CBI that route.

some went each way

Giday folks, man this is an awsome tour and some scenery that takes your breath away. There is a really great bunch of people on tour here and we have been here in north Sydney for two nights now and what a place eh, the local car clubs all the way around have turned up and there sure are some nice cars in these small towns, there have only been about ohhh 100 or so that I would love to take home but alas that wont be happening yet. You see a lot of good future projects on the side of the roads for sale but we don't have time to stop and perv on all of the them.

If anyone wasn't having a good time here then there would have to be something wrong with them. It has been real great putting faces to names etc.

The view out of our motel room here makes you wish you wish we were spending more time here.

Well most folks are in the cot now so I'm heading for some shut eye myself. Jan has only had to drive once while I caught up on some ZZZed's, boy this holiday stuff is hard work:D

I'm sure you Canadians are making up this story about bears and Moose because we haven't even seen one in the wild yet, maybe they are like the saskwatch eh and only seen by the very few, hahahaha,

Last edited:
John,
the moose & bears are fairly elusive, unless you're in the woods hunting for them, then you'll see them ( perhaps if you're lucky ), they don't venture near the highways much.

Now Saskwatch, you can find those in Saskatchewan, they're the hairy farmers wearing watches.

Sasquatch, you'll have to ask the Pine Tree People about them.

Lots of bears in B.C., but the moose are in PTP area northern B.C. And the donkeys are also in PTP, at Ug-Lee's farm.

OK ............... Tour arrived Dartmouth, my family & I hooked up with them at the hotel before everyone headed over to the A&W Cruise-In. Weather was absolutely beautiful.

It was great to finally meet some faces from the forum. So many people show up at the Dub it was hard getting pix of all the cars, so I missed a lot of nice local stuff, muscle cars, tri 5's, etc.

I did get to pose with Oz, thanks John it was fun. Steve O thought you were quite the character, he was talking about you all the way home, good stuff mate.
My 2 boys Steve & Andrew got to pose in Tim's Carson Top '34, they were thrilled. thanks Tim.

So here's what I took. Other members may follow suit.
Thanks everyone for a great time, made my day.

010.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

037-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

Last edited: