My 1952 Buick

JohnnyBgood

Supporting Member
working on this for 20 years...on road finally this year.. now that ive figured out the picture posting process..heres some pic
LJ5Ds9Zl.png

9JChtrUl.png

aa4azVpl.png

v4A0COvl.png

6Vqt0AYl.png

6nZL5lJl.png

Dcyyxyol.jpg
s,

That is awesome!! I love the old Buick’s. Very nice.

Love the stance of it, ya nailed it.

Super lookin' Buford! Thanks for the pics. But I'm a little depressed. Your timeline means I've got 13 more years before mine's done.
Enjoy the ride. :)

Thanks guys..was a hell of a learning curve. The last time I did any car stuff was in the early 70s and then it was just paint and rims and tires. This time was a complete nut and bolt body off..don’t think I would ever do one like this again. The Buick was very hard to get good parts for and I really wanted to do what ever I could myself so that meant I had to redo things over again until I learned how to do it right...and as to the 13 more years longer you have to wait to finish your car Gfart...they will just fly by and you will wonder where the hell the time went and why haven’t you finished your car..cheers.

Damn that’s purdy. Low, great color, lik ethe wheel and rim combo.

Thanks for all the kind responses guys. Start this off by saying I’m kind of a private person. Most likely why I have only posted a few pictures of my car in the 20 years I have had it. I tend to leave my front garage door closed just so people won’t see what I’m up to. Well I went to my first Cruze night ever as a participant. Gotta say I was on edge the whole time I was there. With all the people looking and leaning in to take pictures and such I spent most of my time running interference so people won’t get too close. The last straw was when a lady came between my car and the car beside me with a poodle that did nothing but jump up and down and claw at the people looking at the cars. I had visions of those claws digging my paint. Decided I was not really enjoying my self so I put down my hood and went home. I guess I won’t be the car show type which really surprises me because I love to go to them....as a spectator.. you know I really enjoy these threads because I can ramble on about anything just to get it off my chest. Feels good to vent..ha...thanks again..gotta go and make sure my garage door is closed..

OK. think it figured out what I was doing..must have had a brain fart...was thinking imgur but I kept on going to flickr…and I cant post from flickr from my ipad....will load photo to imur and try again,,

Last edited:
VY1Cf2yl.jpg
On the last nice fall day I went out for a ride with my newly charged air conditioning working great. after a hour I noticed a sweet smell in the air...figured the rad was leaking so I headed home. Opened the hood to find antifreeze on every part of my motor. Rad had split along the top and bottom seams. got a price of around $500 to fix it..decided to buy a new aluminum rad instead..Bought it from Wizzard cooling in Buffalo N.Y. Total price was double the price of fixing the old one. Well it fits good..looks good...will have to wait till next summer to see if it works good..

Last edited:
I was wondering what psi rating your rad cap is? I’m running 16 psi but I think it might be too high.

Had what I thought was a vibration at about 90 k...turned out to be my tranny lock up kicking in and out rapidly...turns out that vacuumed ports are not all created equally. I was using a port of the side of the carb for my vacuum for my lock up. When I put a gauge on it I had to rev the motor up almost to 3/4 throttle to get the vacuum I needed. Tested a port on the front of my carb and it had almost twice as much vacuum just off idle. Switched my lock up port to the front and the tranny works as it should...Carb re- jet is next on my list...