CLOSED - A Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the adding a "like this" or thanks button. I run out of different ways to compliment people that don't sound like everyone else.
There are lots of threads that I missed if they aren't on top of the list . For example Grampa Dans build this morning. If it wasnt on top for that brief bit when I was watching I would have missed it. I also noticed it had been active for the last couple of days. Maybe a flame beside it showing hot topic or something would bring in more interest in threads ..???

Lee, the new software has a "like" feature with emoticons as well as just like.

It also has a sidebar with New Posts preview.

BTW, in case you didn't know, there is New Posts link straight above in the Navigation line between Calendar and Search. You can always check there first.

Last edited:
BTW, in case you didn't know, there is New Posts link straight above in the Navigation line between Calendar and Search. You can always check there first.

That feature was pointed out by Keith several years ago to someone and I have been using it ever since. A great feature

Frank,
Is there an option like in a FusionBB run board, when I come to the site and click on an "UPDATED THREAD" it takes me to the first unread post in that thread, OR would it be like this one and have to scroll down to the first unread post in the tread?

Last edited:
Lee, the new software has a "like" feature with emoticons as well as just like.

It also has a sidebar with New Posts preview.

Cool. I didnt know about the New posts thing .:eek:
Im not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to computors:D

Lee, also, under Quick Links above is Today's Posts

Frank, I don't see Updated Thread. Do you have to be logged in? If you want to go to the last post here, you click on the little double arrows in the Last Post column just right of the last poster's name.

Frank,
First off a big thanks to you for this forum and all the work you do for US to enjoy it.
I haven’t been here very long but in this short time, have used the forum to find little pieces of info or ways to do things that have been awesome. I add my two cents in to people that need help when I’m half ass confident in the subject matter, and give out codo’s as well. There are a ton of talented people here with lots of info to share.
A new platform that would accept the smart phone large pic uploads would be nice. Take me for an example, I don’t use my home computer, everything is done off my iPhone, and with imurg i can not resize my photos unless, as you stated Frank, get another picture editing app which then just becomes a pain to post. I have a ton of body work pics of the Satellite but just haven’t posted them due to this sizing issue. As for everything else I’m very content with the forum layout.
I would have no problem dishing out for the new system.

Brian.

Frank, I don't see Updated Thread. Do you have to be logged in? If you want to go to the last post here, you click on the little double arrows in the Last Post column just right of the last poster's name.

Yes you need to be logged in to see this.

But I think you misunderstood me.

I know what you are saying about the double arrows, takes you to the last post in the thread. BUT what if there were say 5 new posts in that thread. Then I would need to scroll up to the first NEW post in the thread. have I got ya more confused yet? ;)

Say we were talking about this thread.
I come back and there are several new posts since my last visit, on chevytalk when I click on the post it automatically takes me to the first unread new post within the thread. I don't have to scroll up or down depending how I open the thread.

But this is just a nice to have. :D

Input seems to have slowed to a trickle so I'll attempt to summarize where we appear to be as soon as I can. Two days ago were at 700+ views, now we're at 1300+ so people are definitely reading.

There were a few posts yesterday on subject (thanks for those) but we kind of got off track talking about features.

1st post on this thread. I check in regularly, but don’t post much. Not much to add. I have met a few people from this site, locally and when I drove to Moose Jaw to meet up with the last (?) Cross Canada Tour. I learn a lot from reading of other people’s talents. I need to be more visible on here and will endeavour to add more. I find this site a valuable and topical resource and would be willing to contribute financially to keep it viable.
Thanks
Neil

One could take a hint on how FB defines usage/commenting:
1. Public forum only: can see all the comments/photos but can not post comments or photos, etc. This is THE GUEST.
2. Public forum and join: then get to post comments and photos, etc. THIS IS THE MEMBER.
3. Private forum: no one can see anything unless you join, then can post comments and photos. etc. ( I always wonder about this type as to what are they hiding or is it for a specific group of people only with a definitive interest, etc.)

The first two relate to the present CR forum, however I find that sometimes the photos don't appear if a I check in as a guest.

There were a few posts yesterday on subject (thanks for those) but we kind of got off track talking about features.

I would think features is a pretty important discussion for people if they are going to spend money on supporting the forum. They want to know what they are getting for their money.

K13, they were mostly discussions about features here.

I’ll be outlining the differences in another upcoming post. I wasn’t trying to minimize the need to talk about that.

K13, they were mostly discussions about features here.

I’ll be outlining the differences in another upcoming post. I wasn’t trying to minimize the need to talk about that.

Gotch ya! I look forward to the info.

I am working on a summary. It will likely be presented in a separate thread called "A Crossroads Summary / Comments" so you can watch for that.

Ooops, meant to put my two cents worth in the other day. As many others I don't post very often but check in most days. Have always enjoyed the forum especially the magnificent work some of you guy's are capable of. Most of my posts are to give an attaboy to this great work. I often wondered what happened to all the eastern Canada rodders that used to be here as the forum seems to be mostly western Canada people, or is that just me. In any case the Canadian Rodder web site and forum and of course our hard working leaders Frank and Judy have a fond place in my heart and if it's going to cost me a few bucks to continue to enjoy Canadian Rodder I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.