Car Club Logos.

Yep, Stan and I have swapped plaques. He has a foundry or knows someone with one and he pops them out there. He has over 3500. He makes the LA Roadster plaques for the club, but like yourself, won't sell or send them to anyone because they prefer not too. Unfortunately for them or fortunately for me, I picked one up on ebay. I like to collect Canadian plaques mostly, but also Southern California Timing Assn. SCTA member clubs and old well know clubs in the US like the Roadsters or Renegades of Long Beach. I had a lot of US plaques at one time, but sold them off to concentrate on the really interesting stuff. I need to make the pic you sent larger to see what ones you have. Not so interested in new Canadian clubs, more into the old ones. Pat.

The Sultans were a club in the Ottawa area in the 50-60's. I found this plaque in the trunk of a car my older brother bought from one of the club members in the early 60's. I belonged to the Venturis(sp) of Ottawa in the 60's.

We had achinback make some new plaques this summer for us.
399442381.jpg

Anyone know how much it costs to make one or a few plaques like these for a car club? I would like to get some made for the NRMCC and can a logo be put on it without to much trouble?

Fordnutz, I got the impression from Stan that he sells metals but has a small furnace out back. The L.A. roadsters like most clubs pay for their patterns so they own them and as such it would be like stealing from them by copying from there patterns with out their permission. I have had to sign papers that I would not copy or reproduce castings from someone else's patterns, legal beagle stuff, then they send it off shore to have them made and wonder why 6 month later someone is selling a cheap knockoff.

Comrick317. Logos can be put on it's all in the art work. What normally happens is you would supply the foundry with your artwork, the size of the plaque you want, the metal you want it cast in, be it aluminum, brass bronze or whatever and a number of plaques required then they can give you an accurate quote. There is usually a one time pattern set up charge wether they tell you up front what that is or they bury in the cost of product. Gord.

Is there any more car club logos out there now that Spring is only days away and the car show season is soon to start up? It's almost here.:D