Canadian Rodder Tour

I hope you found a nice kennel for the dog to stay in Chuck or is someone going to be there to dog sit it.

The truck I used to drive Chuck only had 62 wheels on the road and car drivers only have 4 to worry about and still can't keep them going where they should be headed, 3 trailers. The current one is only a 22 wheeler, it is not the truck drivers you need to worry about so much as some dick head in a car doing something stupid in front of the truck and him having to take avasive action, I use dto start off with about 2 to 300 yards space or more and as the traffic would push in I would maintain the distance from the original vehical and that would be on a 4 lane highway, the best lane for a truck in your case would be second lane from the right because cars merging that don't know how to merge and that is speed up to the flowing traffics speed and not dick around about merging and going off etc, it would surprise you how many car drivers want to be in front of a truck making a run up for a hill and it might not be much of a hill either for that matter and some twerp in a Hyundi and have seen part time drivers in Hot Rods make dicks of themselves will want to pull in front of you and slow down to the speed limit and you might only be doing 3 or 4 clicks over and they will bugger you up for the run you thought you were getting. The other thing to remember is a truck driver is usually scanning nearly a kilometer up the road looking for a potential problem where most car drivers are flat out scanning 200 yards or maybe even only as far as the car in fronts rear bumper. So consider a truck may be slow but are you going to slow him down pulling in front of him and then people will go off about a truck tail gating which may have been caused but the car that is in front of him. Consider the motorists actions before thinking the trucks are driven by clowns.

Who do the car drivers ask for help when they need it ........ often it is a truck driver and then some time later they will belittle trucks etc, funny world we live in.

Last edited:

Heading out 8:45, clean her there. CHUK will probable miss you on the way.
Safe trip all.

Hey John: If your still on here ..You have a problem with your home e-mail..I have all my e-mails to you returned as undeliverable..What's the problem..I get yours but They will not get back you ..I have been trying to reply to you for a couple months now ..no go Please check out the problem or send me your new e-mail..

That old Schnauzer of ours Riley ..he's a rodder he loves to go rodding..No kennels for Riley..Diane ?? we'll see how the day goes..I8 wheelers in Canada in my opinion are 80% rag heads and they are idiots on our 401 system..

Just doing some final packing here gonna hit the shower about 10:30 and be rocking outa here by 11..Good luck to every one and looking forward to seein yah all on the road..drive safe and remember ...the car to watch is the car directly behind the car in front of yah....Have a safe one..

What channel on the CB are you on ..we may try to touch base with yah when we git underway...

Last edited:
Chuck, just do a return on the email and it should bounce back to me, have a good time mate and watch those ma hat ma coats, yes I have heard they are a major problem there I forgot about. Not here though, they only drive cabs ;)

Last edited:
Hi John..That is the one I am using but they all get bounced back as undeliverable..when I get back I will try and see what the deal is if my server has a problem..I am getting all your e-mails but every reply has been kicked back for the last couple months...Chuk

That old Schnauzer of ours Riley ..he's a rodder he loves to go rodding..No kennels for Riley..Diane ?? we'll see how the day goes..

Wait till I see Di, I will tell on you to her hahaha, no I wont :D

Some times a server needs to be given that information, I have had similar problems myself in the past.

Hi John..That is the one I am using but they all get bounced back as undeliverable..when I get back I will try and see what the deal is if my server has a problem..I am getting all your e-mails but every reply has been kicked back for the last couple months...Chuk

Chuck: you have to turn them upside down to get them delivered to "down under".

Just got my new Photobucket PRO account so I am good for 1 year have SHORTS packed.Start the Tour.Ps at 48 I am now a Photobucket PRO well at least my wife Angie is.:eek:

Well we made it this far..Just finished dinner @ Kelseys Much better meals @ Swiss Chalet in my humble opinion..It's raining cats, Dogs, anf I think I saw a dingo...mighta been a Quoalla ..(sp)..but it has cooled down thats a real break, boy it was hot to-day probably lost a lb..so far so good..no pics yet..

What do you mean it feels better because its cooled down I think this is perfect roadster weather:D:D:D

Randy

See you all in the am:cool:

newphonejune2012029.jpg

Sorry I missed the dinner, showed up just as everyone was leaving!

I will see everyone in the morning!

Chuck and Di made it A - OK to Whitby and used Toll 407. I had a good chat with them at dinner tonight.

There was one HELL of a thunderstorm while we were at Kelsey's though and a few people coming from northern Ontario drove through some very nasty stuff. It was the cold front pushing out the record breaking we've had this week.

All in all, had a great meet and greet dinner with over 70 in attendance.

We launch tomorrow morning at 8:30

p.s. sorry we missed you Brian. See you tomorrow

O.K John..I will discuss it with my sever,,
I am going back and deleting that info from the earlier post..

Well come on boys, we Don't see any PICTURES here yet ......... is this really happening hahha, I know what it is like, you get yapping with other folks and next thing you know it is bed time, then up again for breakfast and off you go again for the day.

Well come on boys, we Don't see any PICTURES here yet ......... is this really happening hahha, I know what it is like, you get yapping with other folks and next thing you know it is bed time, then up again for breakfast and off you go again for the day.

If there are no pics, it's not really happening!;)

I have a snoot full of pictures in the camera and no way to squeeze them into the lap top out here on the road. But it is happening. only seen one of us on the side of road with 5 or 6 support cars helping.

Its a teen burger, onion ring, Rootbeer night tonight.

Last edited:
Went for a big drive today up the road from our house(15 minutes) to snap a few pictures from the tour as they arrived at Merrickville. For those that don't know Merrickville is a small hamlet on the Rideau Canel, nice park with lots of boutique stores.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg