Canadian Rodder Tour

I don't think we will be outta here till around noon..Noon is our goal to try and leave..we are in St.Marys so we would probably hit the 401 at the kitchener on-ramp..on or about 12:30 or 1pm..I am driving a red ford..Short Fat ugly..got a good looking blonde and a feroucious killer dog..

PICT1604.jpg

PICT1435.jpg

I do have a CB I will try and get it installed if I get time ..I have it in a little consul just need to plug it into the cigaete lighter and get my antenna mounted I think I can get done..have no favorite channel..It would be nice to meet up with a car or two to keep to-gether ..My cell is 519-870-1900 I am trying for a noon exit from home that would get to kitchener on ramp by about Ipm..

Chuckles....take the 407 from 401 to Brock. It may cost an extra $20 but it is worth every penny in time and aggravation and $20 in fuel (sitting in traffic). Lower blood pressure too! The 401 across Toronto only handles 500,000 vehicles a day...hahaha...don't be one of them....

This what we do going East. Hop on the gouge and screw hwy at Appleby
line, its usually smooth driving to Brock Rd. Then east on Taunton Road just south of the 407 -- and Right on to Brock St, Whitby -- a lot of traffic lights but it sure beats the 401 in that area. Should be on the 407 around 1:30.

Btian

Chuckles....it is beyond simple...get on at 407/401 before Brampton (there are big signs you can't miss) and don't be a nervous Nellie. It will be clear sailing all the way to Brock ROAD (Pickering) and continue on the Brock STREET (Whitby) via Highway 7, Highway 2, or the 401. You will have to jog south toward the lake....

http://www.407etr.com/highway/map.html

Chuckles....(there are big signs you can't miss) and don't be a nervous Nellie. http://www.407etr.com/highway/map.html

Link, first Chuck needs to be able to read, :D

Go on Chuckles we want to see video footage of you on the 401 Dodgem track :D:D weaving in and out of all the trucks :D:D You can't beat a bit of an adventure to start the day, You'll be right mate just go fast up the 401 at that time of day, mind you we have been stuck there at 1.00 p.m. but you'll be right mate :)

Rebel, just turn the Taxi sign light on and you'll be right :D:D, Mahat Macoat wíll soon get out of your way and glare at you again but you'll be right.

Last edited:
You guys and gals have a great time, too bad I can't ride along. Now of course those of us that can't be there expect lots of pictures. Have fun.

By the way Frank, where is your army of helpers for all those bags?

I promise to come over to help you and Judy again some time,

Happy Trails and good luck with all participants/vehicles. Sure be neat to be riding along again...or even driving;)
Watchin for updates.
Greg

Gary, my army of one is right here. As usual, she's been amazing.

Thanks for the (future) offer.

tour

I thought at 62 it would be hard to get pumped for anything again but by the looks of responses on the site I appear to be normal Took the stang for a trial run sat about 20 miles and just got home and it died.If you heard something Sat and wasnt sure what it was it was me cursing and going nuts.I just put a new intake and 4 bbl on it and all I could think what did I screw up.Everything was new turned out the capacitor in the dizzz let go Once again happy and pumped See you folks there Ill be in the 69 stang.

Keep it together John. You'll enjoy your first outing with this crowd.

p.s. you too chuckles

I know what you mean there Zanado.. I think I got the same butter-fly I was out on Sat for a test run and all worked great, then coming through town on the way home I am sitting at the lites windows rolled up nice cool air blowin from the a/c and it stalled ,just died ..I reached down to hit the key and at the same time my head swelled with adrenalin and panic..nothing ..again I engaged the key to the crank position..zip..Now I am terror struck and my brain is starting to go into convulsions

By now Diane is looking at the panic in my face ..Over the the years She has learned that when my face is beet red and I have look of shear terror in my eyes it's best not to talk to me incase I lose it..I had to open the door and it sort of rolled around the corner to an empty parking spot ..By Now I in my mind could see a crowd watching ...So I gathered my best calm posture Just like (Cesar in the dog wisperer) and put it in park hit the key and she fired.. I probably should have taken it out of drive when it first stalled and it would have started..Fear, adrenalin and embarassment made me a DUMMY froze my simple mind no wonder it didn't start still in "D" for dummy..

I did not have any more issue coming home ..I thought my A/C was drawing too much current I thought I had a bad diode in my little 10si 63 amp alt but I did a load test, battery test, and cleaned all the terminal ends, Took er out for a good run yesterday and she worked perfect..any way I am pumped and nervous..so I am packing a 12si 94 amp alt,a new battery, and ign module, my wife and dog..a box of tools and stickin close to bgbdlinc incase..and about getting pumped i will crack 69 this year and I still get pumped about this stuff..

Hell I am totaly panicked about driving in through,or near Toronto ..I am used to going to town and hardly passing a car in either direction, when I get near those trucker idiots I get pretty uptight Most of those guys are dangerous, I don't care what they say I have witnesed some real idiots driving those 81 wheelers ..Maybe somwhere in the past they had class and respect but that is no longer true.. They are a menace on our highways in my eyes and they scare the hell out of me..

To-Day I am doing a tighten all the bolts, clean the winows, check tire pressures , wax the front bumper to help the bugs slide off, check all the belts, lights, pack a liter of oil, bring the belt numbers, they are all new, clean the glass, get the CB in and hooked up, And if you are a beleiver I will be having a talk with the big guy and have a prayer that we all have a safe trip and come home with what yah brung..I wish the same for every body that we have a great and safe trip..I will be happy if I can just through Toronto..Driving through that City scares the crap out of me..It is my Phobic..I would rather go the queenston Lewis bridge and come round by the U.S. if I am going east and come back into Canada around kingston..I have done that rather than drive through Toronto..Too many years living in the peace and serenity of the peacefull countryside of St.Marys..

Last edited:
Chuck, if you want to avoid the 401 before you reach the nasty zone, seriously consider the 407 (yes, it's a toll):

- after Milton and the Trafalgar Rd. exit, look for 407 EAST.

- stay in the left lane and cruise until it ends at Brock Rd. Pickering then go south on Brock Rd..

- at Taunton Rd. turn left (east) and follow it to Brock STREET then turn right.

- follow Brock St. south to just before the 401 and turn left on to Consumers Dr.

- the hotels will be a short distance ahead.

You can reverse this on Monday by following me after the last pit stop.

I hope this helps. Here it is mapped out on Google Maps:

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=ON-401+E&daddr=43.9036979,-79.1492799+to:43.8911892,-79.0602361+to:43.9056799,-78.9984609+to:Consumers+Dr%2FRegional+Road+25&hl=en&ll=43.733399,-79.252625&spn=0.848401,2.083282&sll=43.558874,-79.78838&sspn=0.10636,0.26041&geocode=FVu_mAIdxMs9-w%3BFdHqnQIdIUdI-ynz8Y-HDCfViTFH4r8w_VlKkA%3BFfW5nQId9KJJ-yltc_x0iiDViTE-t4rKQkAE1Q%3BFY_ynQIdRJRK-ymZFL3Qnx_ViTESe41M2CTkPQ%3BFQZfnQIdkpBL-w&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=13&via=1,2,3&t=m&z=10

Chuck I allways take the 407 half the cars and almost no TRUCKS. To many nuts in Hondas on 401 trying to get themselves in a video game Faster and more Furiouser.Ps Chuck make sure you have your SHORTS packed.:cool:

Thanks Franko..I will do as you and linc as recomended but if you can't find me on Thursday night maybe some of those guys coming from Sudbury will find me lost up on highway 69 ...If I am not there by Dark put a call into Orange..:eek: and amber alert.. I am pretty confident about everything but the drive through toronto..

Short Mark..Hey thats all I am bringing shorts and maybe my Bikini :eek::eek:have you ever sen a 900lb canary in a bikini...:D

Danno..No worrys about the MOE..I am compliant....hub-caps on all wheels..locking gas cap.. one wiper blade, a gas cap..and a PCV valve all this other noise about getting hasseled by them is mostly just noise ..I believe if your not doing anything to attract trouble then you probably won't..

looking forward to the trip and a good time ..so lets have a good time eh!!

Danno..No worrys about the MOE..I am compliant....hub-caps on all wheels..locking gas cap.. one wiper blade, a gas cap..and a PCV valve all this other noise about getting hasseled by them is mostly just noise ..I believe if your not doing anything to attract trouble then you probably won't..

looking forward to the trip and a good time ..so lets have a good time eh!!

That's the M.T.O. you're talking about!!
Make sure you have your Cats, EGR and Evap can to keep the M.O.E. happy. :eek:

I have witnesed some real idiots driving those 81 wheelers ..

Must be one them truck trains you hear about in the Australian Outback. lol
The odd wheel must be a spare. :D

I do love the look of that car of yours Chuk, sweet ride alright.

Bullet..

Must be one them truck trains you hear about in the Australian Outback. lol The odd wheel must be a spare.

I know they used to be 18 wheelers but now adays there are so damn many of them it's more like 81 wheels when you pass one there is fifty more in front of you..Where in hell is our trains..We are such a third world country with our transportation and rail way..Damn truckers..they are a menace..

Danno:
Make sure you have your Cats, EGR and Evap can to keep the M.O.E. happy.
Nope the cats don't travel well and I never recirculate my gas I just let-er-rip and open the window..And we just use a paper bag if we have to e-vap...:D:D..

Almost ready..just got the bra on ..double "D" with a soft cup.. Gonna relax to-night ..and just have to pack some "SHORTS" More than some some other short guy..polish my credit card and we are ready ..a bit nervous but what the heck looks we have to git off da porch if we wanna play with the big guys..

Oh A couple pics with her new bra..
PICT1827.jpg

PICT1829.jpg

PICT1831.jpg

Ain't she pretty

Last edited:
fun and games

The continuing saga of the spoiled stang After sat epiosode I get home today load the 2000 lbs of luggage the wife has packed now the she beast is sagging .Off we go 200 feet rub rub oh s--t. With the oversize tires they will be mince meat by London turn around went and ordered air shocks should be here tomorrow.Get home park wife gives me hell for dirting the new mats I look its greenish this ones a bigger voiceterous oh s--t.Yup the heater core let go. Just got it bypassed lucky I had some hose. Oh im so happpy I started this project.What oh what will tomorrow bring cant wait