A Little Off The Top---Please (part 2)

Mate you are getting there Bob and it is looking bloody great. Thanks for the update and it will be a good thing to see the future updates.

Funny thing I have a 51 once and took the sunvisor off because it looked like an old mans car and now they are back in fashion ......... what what what is that you say ...... you are nearly an old man hahahaha:D.

The whole project is look great, just a thought for you when it comes time for paint but you are most like awear of it, if you paint inside where the chrome would run it will also make the car look lower in the roof and clear out any sight of the pillars, just a thought for you.

Thanks again, John

Last edited:
well folks these will be the last pics for this thread--I want to thank everyone for dropping in and thanks for the comments--been appreciated---I will start a build thread when I get ready for primer---I found some blemishes under the paint when doing the trunk lid so decided to strip the whole car and start with a fresh clean pallet--by doing that ,there shouldn't be any surprises after paint--we did it and I'm glad as I found a few spots that need to be addressed now--Steph and i tried to do the sandblasting ourselves but found it too much so one phone call and the big guns came

what Steph and I accomplished in 2 days and 20 bags of sand

P1020106_zps0037e279.jpg

P1020093_zpsd885950b.jpg

this is what Ralph did in 1 1/2 hours

100_4784_zps9332004b.jpg

100_4776_zpsfd66fb71.jpg

neighbours couldn't complain about the dust cause they are prepping to build 34 houses across the street from us and the dust has been flying for 3 months now--for a while now it will be a lot of little stuff to do so the build thread will start when there is more to show--that's all folks and good nite:D

Last edited:
you werent worried about warpage or were you using some thing else besides sand Bob?

or am I just a worry wart?

don't use silica sand any more--against the law--mostly ground glass and as long as you don't stay in 1 spot too long warpage is zero--Ralph does cars all the time so I wasn't worried

Thanks for taking us with you on this journey Bob, I've really enjoyed watching what you have been up to. Best wishes to Steph.

Glad you bit the bullet Bobby, and got Ralph to blast for you. He did such a nice job on my Poncho too. Got to get him in to do the 48 now.

Carl

don't use silica sand any more--against the law--mostly ground glass and as long as you don't stay in 1 spot too long warpage is zero--Ralph does cars all the time so I wasn't worried

Bob, that is some information I was not aware of. The car looks awesome and I am looking forward to your next thread......THANKS for taking the time to keep us updated.:)

That is looking great Bob, you are dead right mate it does look good in one colour and you can see the great lines, it looks very sleek with the chop, a great build with this car, I look forward to the next series of the build.

Thanks for the update.

Bob,
I'm glad I got to see your car first hand, you done one heck of a job on it.
l'll be looking forward to seeing the build thread when you post the continuing saga.
Thanks for sharing the car with us up to now.

Last edited: