A Little Off The Top---Please (part 2)

That turned out great Bob.
You asked what's next? If it was me i would look over all the worked areas and make sure everything is "worked" to your satisfaction and give it a thin coat of Duraglass over all the weld pits and go from there.

Wow Bobby, you sure were busy after breakfast. Now get that rear end done on the Prefect so you can make it to lunch on Saturday.

Carl

What ? ? ? What happen to the rear-end in the Prefect ? You don't do burn outs Bob ......... or do you :confused:

Last edited:
Wow, what a ton of work!
Looks great, you must be thrilled with how it turned out.
Did ya have a beer to celebrate?

CONGRATS GUYS!!! That's been a head scratcher for you and you nailed it. Hope to get down this summer. Are you going to oldtime drags ??

thanks everyone for the kind--encouraging words--been a learning experience--next--I have a little finishing on the upper corners of the body at the trunk lid--then finish the tops of the rear doors that are only tacked--left them like this while doing the door opening on the roof--then close the holes where the tail lights were then I think spread a little mud then rip the engine apart--should keep me busy for a while:D

Bullet--the prefect had noisy diff bearings so found a supplier and ordered parts--got them and went to rebuild it only to find all are wrong--I was told it was a MG Sprite diff but found out it is a MGA diff--new parts were reordered today so---Carl I won't be driving it Saturday for lunch but we are still planning on tagging along with everyone:D

Last edited:
That is a fantastic job there Bob, you sure pulled on a big ask when you decided to tacle that and I am glad for you that it has come out dead right, you and Steph along with all your helper sure can be proud of what you have achieved here, brilliant to say the least and all done in your own shop. Congratulations getting this far mate.

Cheers and Beers to you, JT

well this thread is almost finished then we'll change it from the chop to a building thread--finishing up the little picky stuff then on to the engine--when I started from the front working back there was more little stuff than I thought but it all needs attention

picked up a couple additions to the car
a visor in great shape

P1010119.jpg

and a pair of 57 Cad hub caps with cones

100_4641.jpg

not going to use the stainless around the windows so had 56 holes to fill
used nails to fill the holes then cut shafts off and weld the backside---worked great

100_4667.jpg

100_4676.jpg

100_4678.jpg

Last edited:
now I have a factory problem--left side center door post top is 1/8" too far towards the rear--rear door is too close and front door is too far away---what to do--cut the face off and move it 1/8" ahead--lots of work but if I don't it will cause chipped paint and just look wrong--in 1949 door gaps wern't that important--"does the door open and close--good enough"

100_4689.jpg

100_4693.jpg

100_4691.jpg

100_4692.jpg

100_4697.jpg

well that's all for now--back to welding and grinding:D

Last edited: