2010 Points West Tour

Sorry to hear that 56, was looking forward to meeting you as well as the others. Hopefully when you cool down you will at least get back on the HRT.

Yes, I too was looking forward to meeting everyone, guess it will have to wait until another year.
Back working on the HRT.

I'm down to 17 days before I depart Asheville NC and head due north to visit friends and eventually meet the pre-Tour group in London Ontario. I drove the 32 on the freeway for the first time last week and it seems really good. The guys at Outlaw transmission in Georga took good care of me, and all seems good. I'll run the car more over the next two weeks and shake it down.
Bottom line is, I wish I was leaving right now.....
It's getting close, and "The Hat" is packed!
Clarke

... I just got a note from Deuce Days saying since they had a cancellation I had a spot now for the Friday cruise ... I seem to recall Frank organizing another venue for the eveing... anyway just throwing it out there:D

Lee, there are a lot of people that don't have spots for the Friday run to Courtenay and the lunch at the golf club. It's a morning / lunch / then run back.

Because of that, I had proposed that whoever wanted to do a separate run could do so. I have had numerous suggestions including an informal jaunt up through Duncan, Chemainus, Nanaimo,etc. Just a casual outing.

We'll probably still plan for it.

Come to Lethbridge one day early

For anyone planning to meet in Lethbridge for the tour, I would strongly encourage them to be in Lethbridge on the Friday night (July 9). There is a cruise in Lethbridge on Friday night to start the Street Wheelers Weekend. It is a controlled cruise (only pre-registered cars allowed) along and back a 2 mile strip. Street lights are turned off, and traffic keeps moving, so no overheating issues. You can park anywhere along the route. I guarantee you will not be disappointed--it is the best anywhere!

53Hauler... I think Frank has a little gathering planned at the host hotel on saturday evening, includes some snacks, I hear Frank does a mean pole dance (heard any good rumors lately.... want to start some?) the cover is $10 Hope to see you there....
Clarke

hauler, can you be more specific about the meet & greet you're referring to?

thanks

Don`t know if im the only one coming over in my daily driver,so wondering if there was a place to meet up with you guys that participated in the tour.A Canadian Rodder photo op?..............brian

Have fun for me..snifff. I won't have my spinal surgery till fall some time and can't hack long jaunts in the Willys...get all seazed up and can't get out:eek:Oh well ......

Same here....many sniffules ....wish I was on the tour as planned but now filling in for the full time guy at work...and on call. WAPO.

But out of chaos comes peace of mind.....

Lets see.... I leave for points north in the morning, meet the pre tour group on the 5th, and it's off to Lethbridge via London Ontario. I'm tired, but ready for this to start... see ya soon...
Clarke

Have a safe and enjoyable trip there Clark. :) Even though I know it will be enjoyable travelling with a top bunch of folks you will be cruising with.

thanks for the good wishes John... I'have that to keep me company.
I've already had issues. Left with 353 miles on it, noticed a miss in West Virginia, pulled the plugs and it was fouling #7 and all the rest were eating oil. Nade it into Buffalo Ny, pulled the heads at Donnies yesterday and took them over to an old friend after pulling a compression test 180-190 solid, good vacum, and crankcase vac with pcv hooked up. We determined the seals were the culprit, cleaned it all up and put PC positive seals on it. Got it back together this morning, and it seems to be doing better... plug check revealed that things were better.
Donnis is "almost" at this point, and I'll give him a couple days on the project.
Clarke

Just counting the days and gettin' the truck ready!I'm all giggly like a schoolgirl!