1962 Triumph Roadster Project

They look like a nice strong chassis Keith, is that a big sway bar under the front of that last car, that sure will be a very neat thing with the SBF, after our talk you have me very interested in this project, it will make a great little club car.

Gee, maybe I should forget the Ford V8 swap and just rebuild the 4 banger and go vintage racing..............:)

432_1962_TR4_at_Thunderhill_-_GH.jpg

I had to do some digging to find some of my old pictures of my TR-4. Not bad set of wheels for a 19 year old at the time.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Russ

Cool looking car, Russ......neat exhaust too !!!:)
I like the look of wire wheels, but they are too costly, especially if the
car was not so equipped from new.

Panasports it will be for me, I guess.

Did you get any tickets in it???

Actually I was very lucky ticket wise (not a one). It would top out at red line of 5,000 rpm at 100 mph and really needed an overdrive. Later I had a 102" CB whip hanging off the back with a pirate flag on the top of it and C.C.R. booming out of the 8 track player. You could hear it blocks away. I guess the cops were chuckling too hard to hassle me.:D

Russ

Triumph had problems with steel wheels in 1962 and they got American Racing Wheels to supply rims called "Silverstones".
They are pretty rare and here is a photo of one. Minilite and others made similar wheels, and some are still available, but not the ARW wheels....anybody know of some??

americanracingsilverstonewheels.jpg

I forgot to mention that I found a set of these wheels at a shop in Washington state. $1700.00 for the set !! Ouch !!

The car will be here this afternoon. Maybe I will post a couple of photos
tomorrow.

Keith, what's the bolt pattern?
I saw some 14" mini lites on Craigslist, the bolt pattern is 4x4-1/2

Last edited:
The car will be here this afternoon. Maybe I will post a couple of photos tomorrow.

As the expectant Father paces ... and comments I wonder where my baby is and peers down the road and comments to Jen, H'mm they are not here yet and the tears start to well and walks back to the porch for another coffee, then jumps up as he hears another car approach, but no it is still not the new baby to the family :D and we all wait for the baby pictures.

Last edited:
As the expectant Father paces ... and comments I wonder where my baby is and peers down the road and comment sto Jen, H'mm they are not here yet and the tears start to well and walks back to the porch for another coffee, then jumps up as he hears another car approach, but no it is still not the new baby to the family :D and we all wait for the baby pictures.

tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap..............

We're drinking beer right now. Photos after Hot Rod brekky tomorrow!!!

Rocket....thanks so much for your interest. They are 14" and I need 15"......
that is original size and a big fenderwell to fill with a tire. Also offsets are
very critical because of the ball joints on the TR.

Thanks a lot anyway.....cheers:)

That is a pretty good looking example alright Keith, it doesn't look like there is any rust, ahaha, now Jeni will know where to look when she can't find you :rolleyes: you wont be able to resist just doing a little bit here and there. Good for yoy that will be a fun project and even more fun when you get it done. If you took the front bumper over riders of that would take some of the chunky look away and modernise it a bit. :) It is funny when you look at the older cars now and realise how skinny those tyres are, I was looking at a photo of an original Pontiac performance 1962 and couldn't help think how skinny the tires were back then and we all thought they were great.

Thanks for the photos of the new baby.

Last edited:
I have these wheels on my 4 bolt Falcon always thought they looked like minilights. They are XXR wheels and I don,t think they were all that expensive (I bought them with a car). Mine are 16" and have 2 bolt patterns
Picture222.jpg

Looks nice Keith, I'm sure that you will get your teeth into it soon, enjoy.

I can just see you and Jeni going for a nice morning cruise.

Falcenac thanks for the info on the wheels.

Gary....we won't be cruising anytime soon.....:(