1962 Triumph Roadster Project

Obtained a temporary operating permit yesterday and today drove it to the weigh scales for a slip, then to the inspection facility, where it passed with colours. No issues, except going to have to put slightly smaller tires on the rear to avoid fender/tire issues. Tomorrow going to buy plates then apply for BC collector plates. Oh yeah, the swap added 24kg to the weight of the vehicle. Now at 1020 kgs.

Alright!! Awesome news!! Some reason, I thought it would have been a few pounds lighter....maybe thinking of the 240Z’s when we swapped in SBC’s.
Congrats
Congrats
Congrats

Thanks Greg. The TR4 engine that was removed is a wet liner
Ferguson tractor motor. A pretty heavy little 4 banger.
I have discovered a few small issues that I will deal with in the weeks to come.

OK, continuing on with my issues. My friend Gerry sorted out wheel issues, backspacing, etc. So in a couple of days will have new wheels and previous tires installed. Should have obtained a narrower rear end....but oh well.
Today, made an air box flow to the rad from the grille area. Rad is tilted back about 18 degrees and air is getting around it. Runs great with electric fan on. (2500 cfam). But on open road with fan off creeps up about 15 degrees to 200 f
Going to buy plates on Monday and start using....A few minor deals to contend with but we are on the road !!

Last edited:
Good one Keith, you will enjoy that ride, it will bring back the youthful feeling again, charging around in a unique sports car, I hope you have a set of those driving gloves with the holes in the back and one of those Mr Magoo caps, :D

OK...got about 160 kms on it.....yup I put in a Metric Speedo.
Handles and stops and steers well. Ride a little firm but will get used to that.

Doesn't like hills as heat builds up more than I care for. Currently building an under front air dam deflector to direct air up to rad and create a low pressure area behind rad to remove engine bay heat.....HOPEFULLY......

Will roadtest tomorrow and report in.:)

Cooling issue seems to be resolved. Went to our local plastic shop and bought a piece of 3/16 ABS 25inches wide by 4 inches. Directs air up to the rad and creates the low pressure area behind. Seems to work real well. Made some brackets and installed it just behind front valance and in front of rad.
A couple of other small issues but driving it now. :):)