1954 Ford F100 Build

Stance looks great! Nice to see another F100 coming back to life here in BC.:D

Are you going to bag it or coil springs in front?

Gonna post some more pics tomorrow of the engine and trans sorta stuffed in.Looks as if I'm gonna have to get creative iffin' I want ta run a sbf in this truck.

Wow...hot dog!! The eternal joy of a sunny day and a garage to work in.
My '53 Merc M350 is registered as a 54. The frame/cab/drivetrain is in the Shuswap, rest in Banff. I'd be interested in seeing your technical tidbits here as well.
My last Harley was an ICI colour, Candy Tangerine...smokin in the sun. Good choice. Wouldn't mind knowing the brand/system/process for your paint, please (why you chose it?)
Verrry nice...have fun

Gonna post some more pics tomorrow of the engine and trans sorta stuffed in.Looks as if I'm gonna have to get creative iffin' I want ta run a sbf in this truck.

302's and 351 SBF's "supposedly" fit like a glove in the effies with tons of room
so a little confused.
Do yo plan to run an electric fan or mechanical fan?

A BBF fits, lots of room on all sides but could be considered a little tight on the drivers side valve cover, and that's with a mechanical fan with a clutch plus a long "snout" water pump.
HPIM6588.jpg

HPIM6590.jpg

Last edited:
Wow...hot dog!! The eternal joy of a sunny day and a garage to work in.
My '53 Merc M350 is registered as a 54. The frame/cab/drivetrain is in the Shuswap, rest in Banff. I'd be interested in seeing your technical tidbits here as well.
My last Harley was an ICI colour, Candy Tangerine...smokin in the sun. Good choice. Wouldn't mind knowing the brand/system/process for your paint, please (why you chose it?)
Verrry nice...have fun

Ohhh, your in for a shock as to the colour.It's actually Duplicolor's Engine enamel metallics.Shot straight outta the rattle can with a coat of their engine enamel clear over top. I guess I may have this one custom mixed ,but I love the colour,it's called burnt copper.

Okay here's the pics.
P9110003.jpg

Here's some of the issues.I'm a little tight to the rack
P9110004.jpg

The oil pan contacts the Xmember at the rear
P9110006.jpg

And the front of the pan hits the rack
P9110008.jpg

So here's what I figure I gotta do,change the mounts on the block and bring the engine higher up in the engine bay,and possibly lose the fox body mustang oil pan.

There should be lots of room for sbf. Here is a pic of mine with a 302 T5 trans.
picture.php

picture.php

What block side mounts are you using?
Very cool we are both using the same engine trans combo!What rear are you gonna use?I've got an 8 inch for mine.Have you got anymore pics of the install your engine and trans.What frame mounts are you using?

Last edited:
Can you lift the engine a couple of inches Dale. You'll do it mate. Shame I didn't take pics of 56 Effies change over, he just fitted a Windsor into his 56 with tons of clearance.

Maybe you could fit an under engine tube and set the engine mounts off of that.

Dale, lots of room to raise that engine up. (I've seen blown 392's clear the hood).
Just might give you the clearance you need.
Going to a front sump pan will probably cause you more grief to clear the rack/pinion.

If you're still worried about clearance, one can notch the rear of the cross-member slightly.

Dale........I gotta give you credit for perservering on this project, and it is looking darn good. I know, initially, you thought you were buying a driver you could do upgrades and have fun with....and then suprises. It has happened to me too !!!:)

What block side mounts are you using?
Very cool we are both using the same engine trans combo!What rear are you gonna use?I've got an 8 inch for mine.Have you got anymore pics of the install your engine and trans.What frame mounts are you using?

I bought mounts for a 289 single bolt, I'm using a 96 Blazer 3.08 rearend. I made the frame mounts up.
I even have the double sump oil pan which fits(just) around the crossmember and rack/pinion. One thing I did was move the front axle center forward
1 1/4" to center the wheels in the fender wells.
I took a couple of pics and could take more if you need them.;)
Well these didn't come across?
Working on it!

Last edited:
Thanx for everything Guys!!!!I'm gonna pull the trans of Saturday and set the engine again,less the front sheet metal.I will post pics!:D:D

I bought mounts for a 289 single bolt, I'm using a 96 Blazer 3.08 rearend. I made the frame mounts up.
I even have the double sump oil pan which fits(just) around the crossmember and rack/pinion. One thing I did was move the front axle center forward
1 1/4" to center the wheels in the fender wells.
I took a couple of pics and could take more if you need them.;)
Well these didn't come across?
Working on it!

SAM_0658.jpg

SAM_0663.jpg

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h344/cdnwillyg/SAM_0662.jpg?t=1316713270

This should now have the pics!

Cooool!Thanx! Looks as if I'll have to get different engine side mounts,mine sit out a good 1 1/2 out from the block.

I think yours are the stock 302 and mine are new 289 mounts. Might be worth the money to change around $30.
just my 2 cents.