1948 Chev P/U Extended Cab Build

Definitely a winner after all that work. What a great job you and your buddies have done.

So now we are all waiting anxiously to see how she looks today! :D

Here are the requested photos.

I came across these of the right front fender I used.

Had a few minutes the other day, so I shoved the truck out enough to get a couple new photos.

Here is one of our new house. I sure miss my big shop, but love the weather. It's 69 degrees today.

Gotta love the attitude it has.

Last edited:
Something wrong with those photos Eugene......no damn snow !!!!!!

Looks great there and so does the truck !!:)

Three weeks ago when Bob said it was beautiful, he wasn't kidding.

That Chevy is downright gorgeous! What an absolutely fabulous job you have e done with that old girl.

Looks way better to me than any brand new truck, that's for sure. Got that menacing look about it. :D

Looks awesome Eugene! That truck has come along way!, literally :D
New digs look great too . must be nice not to shovel your way out of the house.

man--that truck looks awesome---finally I get to see it out of the trailer--great stance and does look menacing--got to fire that "W" engine--it looks great:D

I've been studying your pics and the only thing that is off to me are the rims---truck looks awesome but I see a different picture in my head of it with a different wheel--just my opinion and I know we all have them--isn't that what uncles are for--lol:D

I visit this site daily and I almost never post but I felt compelled to tell you that I think the valve cover embellishment on the firewall is just brilliant ! I have never seen that before and it sure looks good . Nice work on your truck !

I felt compelled to tell you that I think the valve cover embellishment on the firewall is just brilliant ! I have never seen that before and it sure looks good .

Yes, I agree. I noticed that right away, so much so that I ordered some tailgate emblems yesterday to do (kind of) the same thing . One always sees something new and cool every once an a while, I was just to dumb to pick up on that it was a valve cover though. :eek:

Thanks everyone. Glad you like the valve cover idea. I almost changed my mind at the last minute and welding it on was interesting. It wasn't much thicker than a couple layers of tin foil.

Hopefully I'll be able to drive it next year as there is no spare time or money with getting the new business off the ground this year. We opened a large quilt shop called "A Quilting Stitchuation."

I'm trying to trade my big enclosed trailer for something that I can drive this year and enjoy the great weather here.

Uncle Robert- Is it that the rims are Centerlines, or that they aren't polished that doesn't seem right? As soon as the truck went into paint, the satin didn't work for me either, but am unsure what I'm goin to do.

Thanks everyone. Glad you like the valve cover idea. I almost changed my mind at the last minute and welding it on was interesting. It wasn't much thicker than a couple layers of tin foil.

Hopefully I'll be able to drive it next year as there is no spare time or money with getting the new business off the ground this year. We opened a large quilt shop called "A Quilting Stitchuation."

I'm trying to trade my big enclosed trailer for something that I can drive this year and enjoy the great weather here.

Uncle Robert- Is it that the rims are Centerlines, or that they aren't polished that doesn't seem right? As soon as the truck went into paint, the satin didn't work for me either, but am unsure what I'm goin to do.

The valve cover idea is pure genius. Never seen that before. And great execution knowing how thin they are!

As for the rims, I love Centerlines, but I do think they would look better if they were polished. But that's only my opinion.

Maybe the fact that the paint is so SHINY makes the wheels look somewhat dull.

Good luck with the new business! :)

not sure about the rims--never been a fan of Centerlines--think they belong on race cars---the truck has a look about it that I think it will take some head scratching to come up with the right combo---painted rims and baby moons??? Cragar spokes???? see the problem ? truck looks mean--I think the rims have to compliment that look--here I go with opinions again---LOL:D

not sure about the rims--never been a fan of Centerlines--think they belong on race cars---the truck has a look about it that I think it will take some head scratching to come up with the right combo---painted rims and baby moons??? Cragar spokes???? see the problem ? truck looks mean--I think the rims have to compliment that look--here I go with opinions again---LOL:D

same colour as the firewall, and stock poverty caps with no beauty rings.

Sorry guys. The only way it would ever have steel rims is if it has to sit outside for the winter.

When I started this build, I really didn't know what year the truck was, so I guessed it was a '48. When they finally found the title for it, it turned out to be a '52. About a month ago while at a friends house, I saw something on his wall that caught my eye. I immediately asked if he would sell it and was promptly told no. Several further questions received the same response. He said it took him 20 years to finally get his hands on it and it wasn't going anywhere. Fast forward to the present day. I loaded up an item I was sure he would want and went back to try again. Upon arrival, a deal was quickly struck and I now have this for my truck.

I'm going to reregister it and use it. I can't believe the odds of finding a plate with the right year and with that number on.

Now I just have to decide what to paint it. I'm thinking of going back to the original tan and red, but am unsure. Thoughts?*

Sorry guys. The only way it would ever have steel rims is if it has to sit outside for the winter.

When I started this build, I really didn't know what year the truck was, so I guessed it was a '48. When they finally found the title for it, it turned out to be a '52. About a month ago while at a friends house, I saw something on his wall that caught my eye. I immediately asked if he would sell it and was promptly told no. Several further questions received the same response. He said it took him 20 years to finally get his hands on it and it wasn't going anywhere. Fast forward to the present day. I loaded up an item I was sure he would want and went back to try again. Upon arrival, a deal was quickly struck and I now have this for my truck.

I'm going to reregister it and use it. I can't believe the odds of finding a plate with the right year and with that number on.

Now I just have to decide what to paint it. I'm thinking of going back to the original tan and red, but am unsure. Thoughts?*

Now what are the odds of finding, and then aquiring THIS plate?
Just too cool!

Bgbkwndo.

Amazing!

Yes, stick with the original colours for sure. Nice to know your truck is four years newer as well! :)