1935 Ford Project -2Dr Sedan to 3W Coupe

....another milestone -welding almost complete with just the deck piece below the rear window to do, grinding and finishing to follow.....

Well, you just never know. My earlier comment about finding '35/'36 Ford front end kind of stubby and wanting to correct it by running a spring behind setup, has gone into the trash can. That initial impression was gained from looking at full fendered cars (I now realize). However, as our focus has been changing from the sheet metal work to frame/chassis work with a quick wheel mockup or two, on a fenderless car the spring before config looks OK. I think that is due to the inner fender well being visible and having the front wheel centred on it. It looks just great in the mockup and will look even better with the new skinny tires mounted and the ride height determined.....

I greatly admire your vision Dave and the skill of the people building the car, it is going to be a knockout. Have you said what it's going to be powered by?

...thanks Sheldon/Gary...I appreciate it...

...Gary...it's going to powered by a '58 Olds 371 cu in and kept stock until the testing/debugging is finished. Trans is a '39 Ford three speed with an 11" truck clutch and flywheel and I already have the adaptor kit. I don't do burnouts, drags, or drifting to show off, break stuff, and endanger myself for the entertainment of others. A simple, functional trans is fine for me, although, I can't be depended on to stay under the speed limit when the roads are clear......

...thanks Sheldon/Gary...I appreciate it...

...Gary...it's going to powered by a '58 Olds 371 cu in and kept stock until the testing/debugging is finished. Trans is a '39 Ford three speed with an 11" truck clutch and flywheel and I already have the adaptor kit. I don't do burnouts, drags, or drifting to show off, break stuff, and endanger myself for the entertainment of others. A simple, functional trans is fine for me, although, I can't be depended on to stay under the speed limit when the roads are clear......

Your line about endangering yourself for the entertainment of others reminds me of the time you tried to put a tarp on the Lincoln in a high wind. I was endangered coz I thought I would die laughing!!

....inside trunk gets new braces....

....and the last (final) iteration of the famous arc (#3, #4, or #5, I lost count) where the deck is going to meet the top.....

The '37 Ford rear axle has been pulled apart and the result is that nothing was salvageable except the bells, axle shafts, the ring and pinion gears, and the banjo. New drums, brakes, backing plates, gaskets, bearings, races, etc have arrived and look spectacular. The bells, banjo, bones, are going to be blasted and painted before reassembly as will all of the chassis pieces.....

....a little more finishing on the arc and body reveals.....the lines are getting graceful there and above the wheel arches...

Dave I have been following this build with great interest.

About the only thing I can say is:
"HOLY SMOKES BATMAN; THIS thing ROCKS!" :eek: :eek:

Can't wait for the finished product!

...thanks Dave and Bash....as the rear deck work is coming to a close, some of the front end work is coming into focus and it's mockup time again.....

A little work is needed to integrate the '34 grille with the '35 hood....at least all the puzzle pieces are together under one roof now thanks to Stony's sleuthing around.....

...and I lucked out again with a pair of '36 headlights with great buckets and those beautiful curved glass lenses (found at the back of Stony's trophy shelf). Here we are looking for the elusive sweet spot....

Yep, that looks about right. I'm looking forward to seeing the hood and grill match up. Keep it coming Dave.

Geez Dave you need two things for progress, time and money, it has been the former for ages now it might be the later. Oh well I did do the brake lines a couple of weeks ago so at least that is a little progress.

....thanks for the support, guys. The holidays have slowed the work down, but now we're back on it with the deck closure between the trunk lid and the machine-made arc under the rear window. The rear window looks a little weird 'cuz it's just roughed in after being chopped -refinements will come later......