1935 Ford Project -2Dr Sedan to 3W Coupe

EDITED:
Make sure you have "the big smoke" super tough super hero T-shirt on...it might just save your life, I hear it stops anything....once. :D

....I sense a note of sarcasm if I read between the lines properly.....Sounds like that Tinfellow is spreading false news, disinformation, and outright lies, just like his bromantic buds Putin and Trump. Bad habits from bandits.....

Are you saying we are like PTP? Well I'm not sure if that is a snide remark or a compliment, I'll just take it as a compliment. :p

Some kind of good news! A new set of correct bearings has been installed, the engine has been test run on the hoist and has been reinstalled in the car. What a relief! (The micrometer never saw such action as in the past two weeks). The work on the fenders will resume soon.

Other work has involved fabricating swoopy door gap panels between the door and the floor/rocker area. On stock '35/'36 Fords, these gaps were covered with a rubber flap and the side splash pans but with them gone, the roadway was visible whizzing by. This fabbing was way beyond my skill level with a claw hammer, a vise, worn out, useless Vise-grips, and a useless bench-top bending brake.....(sigh)

HFmTdg2l.jpg

BW5mPIWl.jpg

VKQuy6ql.jpg

L2sNfBKl.jpg

That is coming on great Dave, I'm glad you didn't do anymore T Shirts the last one has shrunk so much it doesn't fit anymore, well pretty snug, so like Tinmann I think there should be some sort of a warranty program here.

...you're right J in O, I'll issue a warrant for the arrest of both of you....and any other cheeky, whiny boys on the Pacific Rim.
Fender update coming soon.....

That is coming on great Dave, I'm glad you didn't do anymore T Shirts the last one has shrunk so much it doesn't fit anymore, well pretty snug, so like Tinmann I think there should be some sort of a warranty program here.

I think that warranty program would be called Weight Watchers. :p

David,
I still wear my shirt and love it, don't listen to these whiners that can't take care of their T's. :D

...'soon' is now (almost). Final touches are still in process but I can show the progress and elements so far. These cycle-type fenders require stout braces to minimize the stresses on the fender from vibration and wind speed. If the fenders vibrate too much the metal gets fatigued around the mounting bolts and the metal can tear. In addition to the braces between the fender and the backing plate an additional cross-brace is needed to further mute vibration.

7tGgwpw.jpg

wsdFKJFl.jpg

xAs2pSjl.jpg

CQ9EsnBl.jpg

jaHb7Dvl.jpg

This pic shows where the bolts attach without interfering with the brake mechanicals. The nuts are welded so that the fenders can be easily unbolted and taken off.
Elir19Jl.jpg

The biggest problem I had with the fenders was trying to tie them in visually to the rest of the car. The 11 o'clock/4 o'clock suggested by 'Speedy Canuck' (above) is good for a start and pleasing to the eye. Other things came into play in this application. The fenders are skinny and cover the tread only and not the sidewalls for both front and rear tires and relate to each other. We adjusted the rear tire leading edge slightly to match the 45 degree line in the rear wheel wells and used the rear frame cross-member as a line for the trailing edge. The rounding of the front edges and trailing edges of each fender still needs some adjustments. Doing all this eyeballing sort of makes the addition of fenders look like they belong and are related to the body....

zdH2YL3l.jpg

ZmqNqL4l.jpg

c1uLZetl.jpg

Lookin good! I like the look of the cycle fenders on both the front and rear. That thickness and material are you using for the braces?