1930 Model A Coupe

So full paint and body is gonna be a long ways away and so I decided to spray it in black epoxy primer but for now it’s time to put it together and hope to drive it a bit and enjoy it this fall. I still have a fair bit left to do, wiring, sheet the floor, glass, put on the vinyl top and fuel lines and probably a handful of other things but I got a list going and I’ll just keep plugging away and cross them off as I go
A couple of pics

2B7A55BD-DB48-485B-B28D-CE2E3D5C59D3.jpeg
C43AD8D5-4B6C-4A68-B425-5ED029C1B847.jpeg

Hooligan, (AKA Dean) A couple questions for you. Did you notch the inside of the frame rail for clearance for your front spring? Looks like you are using a mono leaf? Do you plan to raise it up or do you think there is enough ride clearance? lol Inquiring minds want to know for another project. lol

Hooligan, (AKA Dean) A couple questions for you. Did you notch the inside of the frame rail for clearance for your front spring? Looks like you are using a mono leaf? Do you plan to raise it up or do you think there is enough ride clearance? lol Inquiring minds want to know for another project. lol
Bash, I coped inside the frame for clearance, your right it’s a mono leaf front spring I have it on its lowest to see what it was and have yet to move the shims around to raise it and look but the cope on the inside allows for more travel then it looks

Bash, I coped inside the frame for clearance, your right it’s a mono leaf front spring I have it on its lowest to see what it was and have yet to move the shims around to raise it and look but the cope on the inside allows for more travel then it looks
Good call on chopping the inner part of the frame. That’s one mistake I made was not doing that. Once the car was all together I found the sting was hitting the frame (after it was painted). I had to add a 1/2” spacer into the spring pack to get some clearance.

Thanks Dean I figured you must have coped the inner rail. So how much travel does that give you? Three inches? More? less?

So more life changes, gonna be moving and downsizing and that is happening quicker then I thought. I contemplated selling the coupe and on fact I did sell it but I backed out at the last minute due to several friends telling me I was crazy to let it go when it’s so close to driving
So I reached to Lee (LG customs) here in Victoria amd have made some plans to to get the coupe to Lees shop here in Victoria near the end of June amd I will have him do the wiring, fire the motor and finish up the handful of other things. I just don’t have time to do here at my place with packing and everything else, there will still be some small work to do on the car when I get it back from him but I can do those last few things at my new place
So I’ve been pushing hard on the car and have it to the point where it’s pretty much ready to go to Lee
Super thankful to him for taking on the last bit to help me out and I know he’s the right guy to do the work so I’m pretty stoked that way
And a huge thanks to Gord Betts for all the contacts out here in Victoria, he’s been a really big help to me that way!
8924357A-283B-451A-B2BC-F694F637FE5D.jpeg
9A7179A3-59E5-470B-B671-F42881567B33.jpeg
F06D7D9B-6F03-4558-84D3-9E1979D7D81D.jpeg

I lived in Central Sanich many years ago. My hobby car then was a 47 Ford coupe.

Spent most of yesterday attempting to put on the vinyl long grain roof top on the coupe. I have never done this before and I had no help so it was a bit of a challenge to do it but I got it on and it is far from perfect but it looks ok, still a bit of final trimming. Today I’m making all the templates for the glass shop to drop off tomorrow.
A few pics of the roof install
B026B2D6-3BBE-44D6-B051-381F5288C542.jpeg
89ED904B-74EF-49BD-9F0B-2C9E8077B6C2.jpeg
9707773B-FFFE-4C02-9647-74CD0D2DB5EE.jpeg

B1D459D3-41BA-49E8-9150-38DE61B5889C.jpeg
DCE58D41-3997-4098-9692-600B0F10EFB0.jpeg

That roof looks pretty good to me, exciting times when you are this close, Lee is a great man, I'm sure he will do the right thing by you.

Looks like you did a great job like the rest of the project…but I gotta ask why didn’t you just weld in a metal roof ?..maybe you were after the original look?….maybe a bigger job than I think it would be to weld all that in..

Looks like you did a great job like the rest of the project…but I gotta ask why didn’t you just weld in a metal roof ?..maybe you were after the original look?….maybe a bigger job than I think it would be to weld all that

Thanks
I had considered filling the roof but I wanted to stay true to as much “original model a” as I could including inside the car.
I also considered a removable insert which would be sweet for the days it doesn’t rain here as I do like the look of the exposed wood ribs

Well I’ve got as far as I can before I move, now it’s off to Lee for the finish line!

This is the first time I have had the car outside of the small garage since I started building it and actually could step back and look at it from a distance😎
498BFE2A-F755-408F-9816-16C1FC69866E.jpeg
D4BBA7F3-5CD2-42CE-AA75-4283B3DF2744.jpeg