1930 Model A Coupe

Wow! So clean and understated yet my eyes are always searching,, wheels and tires,,, PERFECT!

I found a pile of 2” stainless tubing in the yard at work and cut it all up amd made some elbows and straight pieces to fabricate a rear bumper amd some short exhaust for the coupe
F7F0EC1C-3B7A-49BB-B07C-D67AD563C1A7.jpeg
A44D290A-7F81-4344-B9C2-9669B77F6AE9.jpeg

Trying to cover all my bases for the out of province inspection soon
Actually don’t mind the look of the bumper

Got a text today from Lee that the flathead is up and running and the break in went well today so that puts it one step closer to done, a couple small issues to address and the car is finished. A big shout out to Lee for taking it on when I had to move, he's done an excellent job on all aspects of the work required to finish. Looking forward to getting it on the road, next phase is to arrange for the out of province and ICBC stuff.

Was gonna post a couple short vids of the break in but the site won't allow it so I don't know if you can even post videos or not.??

Well the coupe made it's maiden voyage today and went problem free, I have a few small things and a couple bugs to sort out prior to the inspection next week, on the top of the list is to come up with some sort of make shift exhaust to satisfy the out of province, I have a couple short sections I made but they are straight piped and I am told that will be a big no no for the inspection so I need some mufflers. But it drove great, it's a little rough in the rear so I may remove a leaf or two or see if it settles down a bit as I drive it more. Other than that I am a pretty happy guy today, it's always nice to get to the finish line after all the work!
IMG_3503.jpg
IMG_3189.jpg
IMG_3505.jpg

Thanks fellas

Spent the morning over at Gords and together we knocked out an exhaust on the coupe, put on a couple 2” thrush glass packs and dumped the exhaust behind the doors and I’m actually surprised how good it sounds.
Been taking the coupe on some shake downs prior to the inspection and for the most part everything seems happy, had an issue with the linkage and got that sorted out, one carb decided today to pour fuel out of the accelerator pump, ended up turning down the regulator a bit more and it stopped, even though my pressure gauge already read 0psi so obviously for a new gauge it isn’t very accurate, all in all though just minor things so I feel confident that the inspection should go good

So a known problem turned into a real big problem on Saturday, there was an issue with the clutch, the geometry for the slave and the existing clutch arm just wasn’t happy, it was so out of whack that it took a lot of force to get it in gear and the throw out bearing was just howling, so Saturday I decided I’m going to fix it and relocate the slave for a better position at the clutch arm, as soon as I removed the slave the whole clutch arm rotated like 180 degrees! Hmm that’s weird then I noticed the clutch shaft was coming out of the side so it turns out the pin that holds the fork either fell out or broke! Now that’s weird, how can that be? So now this turns into pulling the transmission to see if the pin is in fact laying in the bellhousing, Gord offered me his place and his help to pull the transmission to sort this out.
I tow the car to his place Sunday, we pull the transmission and to both of our surprise there is no pin laying in the bellhousing!
What the hell is going on, then I notice on the clutch shaft a small amd I mean small mig tack like maybe 1/8 in diameter, that’s how whomever built the transmission attached the clutch fork was with one tack from a mig welder! I guess he didn’t have a 1/4 bolt to do it properly and safely so it was really only a matter of time before it broke no matter how you look at it
So it was decided that we were going to build a new longer clutch arm and get rid of the scabby short one that was there, we also built a new mount for the slave and got all the geometry just right, so now the car is back together and drives excellent amd shifts great and easy and best of all it’s safe! So I can still make my inspection tomorrow amd a huge thank you to Gord for his help and his place to do the job! Hot rod guys that are willing to help out like that, to me, are what it’s all about!

9F5D392E-CA9D-4A92-87DF-DD3C0FE3C2A1.jpeg
BAFC35A1-5297-4B2A-9222-BE20F447732E.jpeg
D4BDC9FF-A4D4-4AB0-A31F-F77AC71DE014.jpeg
363B6F2C-D0B7-4571-B5D4-C4CE46B89102.jpeg
FB1BF01C-A266-4388-A135-7C432F3CCD63.jpeg

Well I had my inspection for the coupe this morning and it went through with zero issues, so after that I went and had the car weighed for the insurance and now have it plated and insured. The whole process was fairly easy.
Now to plug some miles on it!
😎

Car sold. Follow link to this post....

Last edited: