May be an image of car and text that says 'HotRod PORTRAITS'.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 36
click to enlarge

shorten, chopped and sectioned

Attachments

• May be an image of 5 people, car and text.jpeg
    May be an image of 5 people, car and text.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 60
Radical impression of a classic ’truck’…I would stop and look a lot closer…but wouldn’t consider that ‘perfect’ for me.

Betcha it’s riding on a vette or Camaro chassis…probably goes like stink too…I’m a fan..

click to enalrge

OK, back to the "caminos" that always seem to pop up

Attachments

• May be an image of 3 people.jpeg
    May be an image of 3 people.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 38
  • No photo description available..jpeg
    No photo description available..jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 37
I feel the pain . My coupes headers had outlived their usable lifespan ( 20+ years ) . As you can imagine it's a pretty tight space so the obvious was to order the same " hooker ceramic coat block huggers " shockingly the same part no. was no more . No biggie right ? Well the changes included moving the outlet farther from the block and making it higher . The steering shaft needs to be removed to get the header off and after a hour of grinding to make the ($ 1,000 cad ) headers mating surface flat enough to allow it to actually sit flat on the head ( very impressed with build quality " not " ) it was time to put the steering shaft back on . Well shockingly the outward change made it impossible to put it on . So by this time I had ground the headers so why stop now . After some torch and wood block and hammer work ( the ceramic coating is amazingly resilient ) I got it to fit . Then to the muffler shop to redo the connection to the collectors . The carnage is only easily visible through the wheel well so it is what it is .

I feel the pain . My coupes headers had outlived their usable lifespan ( 20+ years ) . As you can imagine it's a pretty tight space so the obvious was to order the same " hooker ceramic coat block huggers " shockingly the same part no. was no more . No biggie right ? Well the changes included moving the outlet farther from the block and making it higher . The steering shaft needs to be removed to get the header off and after a hour of grinding to make the ($ 1,000 cad ) headers mating surface flat enough to allow it to actually sit flat on the head ( very impressed with build quality " not " ) it was time to put the steering shaft back on . Well shockingly the outward change made it impossible to put it on . So by this time I had ground the headers so why stop now . After some torch and wood block and hammer work ( the ceramic coating is amazingly resilient ) I got it to fit . Then to the muffler shop to redo the connection to the collectors . The carnage is only easily visible through the wheel well so it is what it is .
On that note, on an episode of the show "engine masters" they beat the hell out of a header to "make it fit" . Dino'd it before and after on a 383 Gm and it made no difference in HP and torque.