Now for something different

Wife says I’m sick, being a prick and looking for a argument so I will apologize in advance just incase this belongs to someone here…but judging from the palm trees in the background I’m guessing not…anyways I just can’t wrap my head around what this is…is it someone just bolting random things together to clean up their yard and hoping someone will buy it? I’ve seen some rat rods that were well put together…not my thing but still well done…this one though??.? Just don’t get it…like Sassy said…no grey area here….or is that grey matter used here…?

click to enlarge

Attachments

• preview.jpeg
    preview.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 49
They did have flower cars that looked like that. Pretty damn nice truck.
Warren

Since they were all custom built by an outside coachworks, they could have built anything.

click to enalrge

6-engine snakepit

Eco-batmobile

Attachments

• May be an image of text.jpeg
    May be an image of text.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 49
  • May be an image of hood ornament.jpeg
    May be an image of hood ornament.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 47
click to enalrge

Some better photos of the snake pit.
‘SnakePit,” a radical six-engine dragster designed by George Barris - Power is provided by six Cobra-Ford 351cid V8 engines which feed a pair of automatic transmissions. H&H says the vehicle was designed to produce 2,000 horsepower and achieve a top speed of 300 mph.

Attachments

• 408012801_10231188581607772_5725348199979395335_n.jpeg
    408012801_10231188581607772_5725348199979395335_n.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 33
  • May be an image of boat and text.jpeg
    May be an image of boat and text.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 32
click to enalrge

Some better photos of the snake pit.
‘SnakePit,” a radical six-engine dragster designed by George Barris - Power is provided by six Cobra-Ford 351cid V8 engines which feed a pair of automatic transmissions. H&H says the vehicle was designed to produce 2,000 horsepower and achieve a top speed of 300 mph.
Given the fact that it has a passenger seat AND one of those goofy vertical steering column (and no roll cage or seat harness of any kind), I STRONGLY suspect it was "designed" to be ogled and NEVER driven much let alone raced. While I can appreciate the skill required to build such things as well as the imagination required to conceive them, I am often left dumbfounded at such costly novelties.

click to enlarge
1968-1970 American Quality Coach (AQC) Jetway 707
The 707 moniker was a nod to the Boeing 707. The Jetway 707 rode on six wheels, and was 28 ft long with a 185-inch wheelbase.
In keeping with the Jet Age theme, the passengers each sat on individual bucket seats.
Between 52 and 150 were believed to have been built, and a black one can be seen in a traffic scene in the 1976 movie All the President’s Men.
The unusual Toronado powertrain developed by Oldsmobile, called the Unitized Power Package (UPP), packaged a Rocket V8 and transmission into an engine bay no larger than one for a conventional rear-wheel drive car.
During its seven-year development, UPP components were driven over 1.5 million test miles to verify their strength and reliability.
They proved so well-built the UPP was employed basically unchanged in the 1970s GMC motorhome.
With that said, it was certainly up to the task of powering the Jetway 707.

Attachments

• May be an image of text.jpeg
    May be an image of text.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 30
click to enlarge
GM had the chance to invent a wildly profitable market segment, and ... handed Chrysler a golden ticket instead

Attachments

• May be an image of van and text that says 'SLIDING DOORS: THAT TIME GM FUMBLED ITS CHANCE TO ...jpeg
    May be an image of van and text that says 'SLIDING DOORS: THAT TIME GM FUMBLED ITS CHANCE TO ...jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 37
click to enalrge

This actual bus was built for a 1976 comedy appropriately called THE BIG BUS.
It was about a huge nuclear powered bus on its maiden cross country “voyage”…so yes, this was actually built for the movie (sans nuclear reactor I’m guessing), …and do not know what happened to this interesting “prop”.

Attachments

• May be an image of van, trolley and train.jpeg
    May be an image of van, trolley and train.jpeg
    18.5 KB · Views: 30
click to enalrge

If an Avanti and a Gremlin had a love child....

1975 Ford Flashback Concept, presented at that years Chicago Auto Show. Designed by Ghia as their take on a very small, but luxury city car.

Attachments

• May be an image of car.jpeg
    May be an image of car.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 33
  • May be an image of car.jpeg
    May be an image of car.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 28