What Did You Do Today? (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, going back to my mini-novel (see post # 325).....

Well, Sun afternoon (Nov 01/15) we finally got the box INSIDE, and stood up against the wall in the corner of Brad's shop, and Serge got his trailer back too!! :):)

.....and just in the nick of time, as the forecast was for SNOW overnight.....but at least in my end of the city, that didn't happen,can't say what they got elsewhere, or in outlying areas.
But next couple days still forecast a wee bit of snow, however by next Sat/Sun, they're forecasting daily highs of 10 deg C /6 deg C.......

http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-50_metric_e.html

Saturday I put the winter wheels on the highboy.
Sunday had a great day of driving out in the Drumheller area.
Today it's snowing.
I think my timing this year is excellent!

That happened a couple of years ago.

John (56TBird) and I met at the Drumheller turn off on the QEII to cruise to Drumheller to meet a group of like-minded folks from Red Deer. It was a very sunny 22C October 26.
Next morning there was 5 CM of snow and it was cold.

Gone In 60 Seconds

My brother Kurt & I do a lot of entertaining at his place so last night it was time for a movie night. We chose Gone In 60 Seconds so we decided to make his 1000 square foot garage look like a "Chop Shop" to give it a better feel.
We mocked up the shell of the T on one end & used it as the projector stand, set up the frame in the middle of the garage & used it to hold the soundboard from our band and set up a few other car related items here and there to finish off the chop shop feel. The BBQ was outside but we had a ton of food inside & had friends bring lawn chairs for their seating which went all around the frame.
I must say it was great seeing that movie it that atmosphere, with the professional quality sound cranked up it felt like we were part of the movie.
Good times but just need a 20 foot screen next time :)

Finally finished all the little projects outside in preparation of "Old Man Winter" cause you never know when he will show up. I can finally get back to the car.

Oh Bob, we need more pics of your truck. I got the front fenders done that you sold Dave, and they are pretty decent now. Working on the back ones. They are really really bad, but have them roughed out now, and patched somewhat. I guess I should post some pics, but I keep forgetting to take them.

Sold off the welder and bottles, all the welding tools & accessories including the helmut,
the engine stands and engine lift with the balancer.

Last edited:
Sold off the welder and bottles, all the welding tools & accessories including the helmut,
the engine stands and engine lift with the balancer.

Sounds like you're cleaning out your shop! I sold all my shop stuff including my 40-year collection of tools earlier this fall, keeping a basic set for just in case scenarios. No more working on cars in my future, although I may buy a 50's something driver once my house sells.

It's the 16th of November and it's +7 in Northern Ontario!!!
I took my '86 Softail for a cruise!!

Life is good!

Boyd Who --- good to hear from you. How are you keeping?

Spent the free time this afternoon putting fenders on the A

20151113_160831%20Fender%20Install_zpsfraaevvf.jpg

Canuck

Sold my car

Guess I'll have to edit my profile as I sold the '57 Bird project. Sure didn't take long as I just put it on Craig's list & bam...visitor from Missouri jumped on it . Not surprising as it likely has the best body in north america. But med stuff precluded me from redoing it in our old trailer - car port in Arizona & I can't afford to farm stuff out to strangers here.

Boyd Who --- good to hear from you. How are you keeping?
Canuck

Wow, your A is looking great!

I'm doing very well, thanks. Massive changes going on in my life these days, including a move to the city this weekend. It's time to start living again, and I can't do that out in the boonies. Plus I'll be able to fit in better in the city. Shoot me an email if you'd like to know more. :)
nwcoin@nucleus.com

Canuck. I like your A. You mentioned that you put the fenders on recently and I was wondering how difficult that is to put the running board aprons on and the front fenders because you would have to lift the body to do it. Seems like a major chore to lift the body enough if everything ( steering, gas line, etc) is already hooked up. I want to finish the fenders for my A and make it into a full fendered car. Right now it is a finished fenderless car.

Blue

Just a gas line from the trunk and some electrical that has some slack in it.

Jacked the body up about 1/4" and put some blocks under it where they would not interfer with the aprons. Mounter the rear fenders, then running board brackets and slid the splash aprons in. Clamped down with the running boards then front fenders Then removed most of it and reinstalled and removed and reinstalled and removed and reinstalled a few times.

The problem I am having is although the fenders and running boards have been pre-fitted the splash aprons haven't and they are repros to boot so some adjustment is required.

Canuck

.... this little GT coupe showed up a day or so ago ... the original owner said he'd never get to it and didn't want to see it rust away ... as Davey would say 'all it needs is a bit of spit polish' hahaha ... seems to be fairly complete .. original engine still turns over ... I don't know much about these cars guess there will be some learnin shortly:D

20151119_100722_zpsjbpkebiv.jpg

20151119_100737_zpslzm0zon4.jpg

20151119_100749_zpstj1x49kh.jpg

Last edited:
.... this little GT coupe showed up a day or so ago ... the original owner said he'd never get to it and didn't want to see it rust away ... as Davey would say 'all it needs is a bit of spit polish' hahaha ... seems to be fairly complete .. original engine still turns over ... I don't know much about these cars guess there will be some learnin shortly:D

20151119_100722_zpsjbpkebiv.jpg

Good score Lee, especially a 428.

If you need advice, there is a gentleman in Didsbury who's main business is/was restoring Mustangs of all shapes and years.
Thor Cartwright at 403-eight two eight- 8870 (Phoenix Automotive).

Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.