UNOFFICIAL - NON-Car related, What did you do Today?

...Rolled a coat of paint on the main family room down stairs. Now I'm off to the club garage to shot some primer on 66 El Camino door and tailgate hinges. (Yes...we have our own paint booth)..Tonight I will roll on another coat of paint downstairs.. Stan...

...Got called in to work overtime today...12 hours at double time....chaa-chinngggg.... AND...when I gets home Mary Ann is cookin up this shrimp stir-fry supper, complete with a chilled bottle of wine...not very often ya can say ya had a really great day without even goin near the garage.........Stan.

Bought a new generator today. A Honda ES6500. This will light up the house :cool::cool:when the power goes out. No more candles. Just power.:D:D
Cheers
PeterB

Got stuck on the honey do list today.Spent the day moving the kitchen appliances around!

Drywalling in the basement, the last phase of the renovation. Going to be a car themed room.

Today i am going to install some light fixtures in the house. And other odds and ends that need to be changed. Then it will be off to work the afternoon shift.
My two daughters will be coming tomorrow, to see the house. I have never said anything on here before, but i used to live in this house twenty years ago with my first wife of thirty -three years! We only lived here for two years, but i don't think the kids are too sure this is where i should be. My oldest who is thirty three has a son who is seven, and a daughter four who doesn't know who i am. They moved to Golden when the granddaugher was a baby. Anyway should be a good visit tomorrow.

Built my lil princess's new bedroom furniture,did a couple of garbage runs.
i'm now mr wonderful so can get out to play in the shop for a while.

Hi Brian,
Moved back into the same house you lived in 33 years ago...... must be the "circle of life" they keep talking about!

Russ;)

Wrascal, No it was just over twenty years ago. This is where we moved to in '87 when we left Kamloops. Then in eighty nine we moved seven doors down,around the corner in the the cul de sac. We lived there untill the 'big D' in '03. For some reason ,i haven't gone down that little street yet.
Had a good visit yesterday with my daughters and the grandkids. My girls never said anything negative about my being here, so i quess they are OK with it. Hard to please everyone!

NON-car related ...

Over the past four weeks I have had to install a new circuit for the new radiant fire place. (for the accessory fan)

Remove the cabinet work from around the chimney on the second story for the old fire place.
(they needed access to install the new vent)

Remove all the brick (veneerer) from around the old fire place.
(it was a wood burning fire place, and both the "other half" and I
were fed up with chopping and hauling wood - especially me - to burn in it)

Once the company had installed the new radiant fire place; I had to construct a new framework around it.
That also included determining where the holes for the gas line and the electrical would come from the basement, and drilling the holes.
(don't EVER use a hole saw on CEMENT BOARD! it leaves the cutting edge only good for cookie cutting after !!)

The cement board was on the hearth under the old fire place.

Once the construction of the framework was finished - but without the finish drywall on the outside of the frame - I had to get up at six AM to call to arrange for the inspection.

Then another six AM morning (I normally don't get up until 9:00 AM!) to meet with the inspector.
(he was impressed with the fact that I had used steel studs as opposed to wood)
Got the GREEN tag first time!! (approved!)
The only thing I dislike about steel studding, is you wind up with a hell of a lot of cuts!!

Then two days of cutting and fitting the drywall pieces to enclose the fire place "box."
(I swore 30 years ago when we build this place; I would NEVER drywall again!! So much for THAT promise to myself!)

Another 6:00 AM morning today to meet with the stone facing guys.
(and a new hearth)

Once the stone work is done, I will be fabricating a new MANTEL to go above the fire place.

Of yeah, the stone guys will be here tomorrow AND Friday. And guess what; they want to start at 7:00 AM!
That means another COUPLE of SIX AM's for me!!

I'm "pooped!"

Well I'm back... :D

Been busy installing the flooring in my livingroom. Next on too the hallway. My Honey DO List is starting to look better with a few things scratched off of it. lol

This is what the floor use ta look like. Original 1 3/4" wide 3/16th thick strip hardwood.

This is the new Natural White Oak Floor 3 1/4" wide 3/4" thick.

And if your interested some of the install photos are HERE. Slideshow HERE.