UNOFFICIAL - NON-Car related, What did you do Today?

58chev

Supporting Member
Well, I have been neglecting my 58 Chev for a bit, but on the other hand "The Honey DO List" is one task less. WOOHOO

Over that last week I have been busy with insulating our bedroom. 54 yr old homes wern't built to keep the cold out.

Tearing down the old walls. 2x4 Framming

Insulated and Buttoned up. Two coats of mud.

All painted and cleaned up.

On to the item on the Honey DO list, 700+ sq ft flooring. It's never gonna end. :rolleyes:

Progress pics as I go along, hope to get the floor started this weekend.

Last edited:
Frank, I'd almost be doing that than dealing with the reborn Canadian Rodder..........:cool:

Don't have a photo....but we have been burning some pine slash the past week. The venting is good and it is sunny and no wind. My neighbour took down about 8-10 DEAD pine trees for firewood and we are dealing with the
slash.
Fortunately, we have five acres and there are lots of Spruce, Balsam and weed trees.
The tree huggers would say we should chip the mess, but just think of a
chipper running in my yard for hours on end, noise pollution and engines that
have no emissions equipment.
My littl rant for the day!:)

well I've been in my little corner of the house getting things slowwwllly in order
"the little shop"

I am still dealing with the move. Dismantled and gave away a green house on Sat. Started the day by going to my favorite Home Depot and getting a bagger for the new mower to cut all this damn grass. The lady before fertilized the damn grass, and has underground sprinklers. That will stop!. Also exchanged washer/dryer with buyers of my old place. We kept our new, and gave them the older ones that were in the new place.To end the day i had to hang a couple of new lights in the place. Oh, and hung some pictures too. So Sun. after grocery shopping ,we hung more pics. and by then i went out to organize the shop some more. Getting close now .Little bit more today and i should be able to start looking at my roadster again. It's been so long i am not sure where to start. I am going to try and keep 'house' stuff for weekends and work on my car during the week when the queen of the house is at work.

DSC00401.jpg

Last edited:
Flash new unit Brian, I see it has head lights, is that so you can brass the neighbour's off at night if you want to:)

Cheers, John

b-bob, looks similiar to goings on up here on da hill. The estate went up on da 'block' last Friday and now I am faced with cleaning up about 25 years of neglect!! In those past years our weekends were either spent @ our r/v property in NW Warshington or going to various rod events on both sides of the border. OH....did I mention that now I am dealing with a rather disabilitating case od sciatica?? Gettin 'round ain't as easy as it was last year!! NO FUN!!!

My old computer died with with the old board...so I got this on Friday

actualy that pic is not the one that was there on Friday I just noticed..it was an Acer with an LG moniter..they must have sold them out..

Then spent the rest of the week-end beating my wife and dog while I fried my brain...insert :rolleyes: here.. trying to get this pc to work and get registerd and on-line with the new pc and the new board..my stress level was off the meter and I have been short...

Things are looking better to-day..but not near as good as Brian..actually glad I didn't have grass to cut as well that will come soon enough..next week-end will be fine..

Last edited:
Well I've be punchen the greens at the Golf Course. One of the only days we don't have to worry about getting hit by golf balls.

Cheers
PeterB

Doug i understand the back problem. Mine is sore today from moving two washer/dryers around on Sat.
Weather guy says it it will hit 14 degrees this week in the valley. We should have good weather to get our outside work done.

Put my golf clubs in the '53 today. Going to the driving range tomorrow ta get the bones free'd up. Golfin' on Wed. ...................FOUR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Saturday I put the fancy wheels on the wife's car and took off the snowies. Cleaned the inside of both vehicles due to the spring weather. Woke up yesterday with 2 inches of new snow! :eek: Yuk! Put the blade back on the quad and cleared the driveway. Did two neighbors also. :p After dinner yesterday, most of the white stuff disappeared. I hope that's it for this year.:confused::confused:

Carl

I am rethinkin why I is here. It's five below zero. Light snow falling..Slight breeze so feels colder. Sun not shinning..Snow so hard (all two feet of it) can not even move it with plow truck. Good thing fer Canadian Rodder fer good mind set.

Hugh..................................................PTP

Hugey , lay down on the couch ,put your feet up , listen to the flowing water, relax and tell us what is really bothering you!

I Know,I Know , the Snow , I am Sick ,Sick, Sick, of it too! URGHHH !

oooookay brian,..... now,... if ya put the deck closer to the grass,.... get yer foot off the clutch,... git that 'badlook' off yer kisser,.... you should be able ta knock a couple o' inches off that fertilized grass of the ol' doll's!!!............ by the way,... nice new john deere!!........

Hugh, would it make you feel better to go out and work on your C/V? I think it is inside. Turn up the heat and the tunes, it works for me. Or at least when i get my other chores done.

Hey Aaron
I am so glad you are happy with it.
Those sight unseen deals always scare me.
So it worked out great for both of us.
Thanks again to all of you guys for the help and the great time

Kelly