Seen any good yard art lately?

Went out to the coast this weekend for our youngest granddaughter's 5th bday.
Went through Keremeos BC and anyone who has been through there will tell you that town's fruit and vegetable stands have taken yard art to the next level! All manner a tractors and what not all over the yard. Anyway we stopped at one for apples so I picked the one with my fav of the lot.
I asked the sales guy, he said it runs owner starts it up a bit but never drives it. I looked it over and looks like a driver complete ready to go. My fav body style and a Merc to boot!
20211025_124351_HDR.jpg

Heading south coming into Ely Nev these are out there. Missed the 1st shot of a '35 Mopar coupe & a 37 to 39 Willys due to blur . I'll try to post more.

Attachments

• IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 85
Lots of pre '54 Chev PU's around & solid bare cabs here but the sign says it all.

Attachments

• IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0321.JPG
    IMG_0321.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 77
Fred: You haven't been around here that long, so you may not be aware that I have a thing for small British stuff:)

It started when I was still in my teens, and the affliction hasn't gone away......and I never once went looking for a cure ! lol

Other that it appears to be missing most of the glass (and the box??), it looks ok from here, how was it up close & personal?

James
James, friend of mine found a 1945 Austin Tilly over a bank out here last year, still out there.

I offered to buy this original RHD 46 Olds as yard art the other year however the seller was under the misapprehension that it was a lot valuable than the asking price he was seeking. WAY TOO FAR GONE and not much left that wasn't rusty or salvageable.

Then again a friend has this project languishing, an original all steel GMH 35 Chevy Master phaeton.

Some pretty damn good peice there..if all depends what part of the country you are from..some call it yard art..others call it almost rust free…lol..

That really looks like a cobra but they're aluminum and that really looks like metal rust .

Last edited: