Seen any good yard art lately?

Sassy

Supporting Member
Salmo bc today

Attachments

• 20211017_153727.jpg
    20211017_153727.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 81
Fred: You haven't been around here that long, so you may not be aware that I have a thing for small British stuff:)

It started when I was still in my teens, and the affliction hasn't gone away......and I never once went looking for a cure ! lol

Other that it appears to be missing most of the glass (and the box??), it looks ok from here, how was it up close & personal?

James

Do you rememder the original Hawaii 5 0?
The dogs running to get the guy, him fighting with a gate?
Well that was me today running for the van after I got this one pic with a big white dog hot on my heels! ,,,ya I think it had a box,,,lol
Fred
My younger brother had one of those in a 4door car.

Hahahaha…..funny Fred!
I too love them Austin’s! I still have my AoE hood ornament….found it years later after I sold it as a project to another gent on here (damn, forgotten his name, nephew of Hunter, Alaska…?)
Anyways, those little pick-ups look real cool, in my opinion, with a Model A style box and rear fenders.
Thanks for the picture and the flash back of Hawaii 5-0
Greg.

Just had another memory triggered:)

About 1975, while on summer holidays with my parents, me, my younger brother, and my cousin Bill were in Assiniboine Park (Winnipeg). We used to rent bicycles and thrash them on the trails along the river, and before returning them, would carry them up the stairs around this one building .....then we would ride them down the stairs before turning them in:)
Anyways, on this particular day, we carried the bikes up, and about that time we hear a LOUD rumbling exhaust. We're looking around to see what the racket is, and shortly after a car comes into view, pulls up in the parking lot and backs into an end stall. Two guys in white tee shirts with a pack of smokes tucked into their sleeves get out and go wondering off.
The car was an Austin of England, Flat black, 5 slot aluminum wheels, slicks on the back clearly a V8 from the noises it made, and when we went over to have a look, the whole floor, door panels, etc was all sheet aluminum. And there was a slot in the floor for the clutch pedal, around which they had a heavy rubber flap to make it somewhat weatherproof. The three of us were pretty amazed at what we were seeing, and the fact they were street driving it!!

James

James and Greg…..there are a couple of derelict Austin’s in PG if you want one
I would dearly love one!!
I have just the spot under some trees behind the garage and viewable from the street.
When can you deliver???
Fred

Im hoping this thread will grow to host auto oriented yard art from any and everyone.

We have a restored Hudson Terraplane pickup in Gasoline Alley at Heritage Park in Calgary. It gets a lot of attention. Quite rare.

Someones representation of a different eon lol
Fred: That's pretty cool!

If you were looking for their address, you wooden miss it!

That thing is mint, obviously hasn't logged many miles!

Here's an old thread with a wooden car that runs & drives.