Pictures Canadian Rodder Tour 2012 in Ottawa

Slim you are right they are my Limbo Pants that is why I could not get in that Biplane I think Curtis 55Bloods wife Mel and my wife Angie have Pictures of the Limbo into the Plane.Or maybe NOT they where Hilariously Laughing Out LOUD.Ps I can hear you. And Chuk I did put on a brave face with my limbo pants on when I saw them on the bed my blood pressure went up 10 pairs and no good ones WHAT.:eek::eek::eek:

What a fantastic tour Frank orgainized and Shorts posting it, thanks guys.
The Aviation museum would have being a hi-light for me, beautiful.

I just need to know ..... what in the world have you got on your face Frank ?

Looks like we missed a good tour this year. Congrats to Frank and Judy for a job well done. We'll be there next year.
Mark-good on ya for your aerial exploits. I've wanted to try that myself. Thanks to you and Angie for posting all the photos.

2012 tour

This was my 1st tour and the expectations that preceeded the tour where totally fulfilled .I know now why my nephew Matt and his dad Larry have been bugging me to go.The people associated with this group are special and more than welcome newcomers.For those who hesitate jump forward because these tours are in the words of younger ones awesome I must thank Frank and his boss Judy for a great time.I could ramble on for a while but gotta get the dust off the car,lol Thanks folks

Looks like all you guys had a blast, I would have enjoyed the Aviation side of things too. Thanks for the pictures Shorts. I enjoyed looking at the cars, some I had seen on last tour and I looked through the faces. Yep, recognized a few and felt sorry that I couldn't be there to catch up with some great people. It is the people that make it what it is.

Funny to see pictures of Frank trying organize everyone again, a bit like herding cats I think.

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

Last edited:
Great pic's chuck, thanks, you get to see some pretty neat places. Some of the locals must wonder what has happened when all the rods roll into town.

Thanks for posting pics Chuk I missed that stop Angie and I went to Quebec to see her Niece that is why there is a pic on the ferry in my SHORT pants.Got any more?:cool:

Mark ..I do but, photo bucket is in a bad mood..I will keep trying over the week-end..Good to have met up with you Mark...I wore my shorts to the banquet:eek::rolleyes::D

GREAT PICTURES MARK. FANTASTIC AIRCRAFT MUSEUM. UNBELIEVEABLE FORTY ACRES. WILD BANQUET. THANKS AGAIN FRANK AND JUDY FOR A GREAT TRIP AND A GREAT TIME.........................Moe

The ugly and the good that comes from the bad

A little story of misfortune .. Diane & I had some bad luck. We had a head gasket failure in Cobourg and had to drop out at that point ..I knew I was in trouble when I pulled off the highway. I could smell and taste the sweet smell of Antifreeze..I made a bee-line for Canadian Tire to get access to some drugs for my engine and at least be in a place where I had access to some help...

I had remembered about Rislone advertizing they had a product that would fix a head gasket..So off I went into the store with my trusty credit card and found a bottle of magic juice @ $$55.00 a couple jugs of coolant and headed back to the parking lot feeling kinda depressed and hoping this might actually work..

By this time Diane was realizing my stress and trying to be helpfull,Riley my buddy our Schnauzer was panting in a fever because it was hot and sunny I couldn't run the a/c ..I headed over to where they sell shrubs and stuff I got Riley and Diane out, got the cooler unpacked and made them a little bench pulled some of those emerald evergreens around them to provide some shade..
Then went to work to intall this stuff and follow the instructions..pour into cooling system, fill rad start and idle engine for 15 min..she is limping,misfiring and smoking like blazes..everybody in the lot had to come by to see the red Ford Coupe..:eek: I was in no mood to visit..this stuff is not working it has not improved ...I let her cool down..go back and grab another bottle..and repeat the process..did not seem to make any difference..:eek:

I made the decision to to make a run for home..about 250ks..packed up Di & Riley and hit the highway..made it back to Brock road in Pickering..had to pull off in the wallmart lot on Brock road..got lucky found a little shady spot in the corner unpacked and got Diane & Rilry comfy :) and headed up the road to a canadian Tire I could see off in the distance..Grabbed another 4 jugs of coolant and filled the others I had with water..about died in the heat lugging these jugs back to the car..filled her up and decided to go for it..had a flash to maybe leave the cap on one turn..BAD idea..:eek: on a car with a louvred hood one block down the road..coolant is pissing out the the louvres all over the windshield and the car..bummer trying to get off the road in heavy traffic with a smoking car blowing coolant all over the freakin place..spot a cop shop and start to pull in the parking lot and some cop is trying to block me from pulling in, I about run the shit head over to get in I was not about to be stopped by him...This lot belongs to the taxpayers so get outta the road..I explained to him what should have been obvious I got a situation here officer..

I filled her with coolant, tightned the cap, cleaned the winshield and hit the road..I ran the 407 almost to the 401..stopped repeated the cool-down and refilled made it Kitchner ..same thing cooled refilled and hit the road..took us just over 7 hrs and 8 jugs of coolant but I had her home in my shop where I can repair it my self I never did like anybodys hands on my girls..I washed her down twice with soap and water to get all the antifreee off and washed all the engine compartment..by now it's 9pm

Diane & Ry are trying to be quiet and not push any of my buttons..Dianes Rod the little PT cruiser convertible has been stored for almost 2 years since her car crash in nov 2010 she has not driven so it's all covered with a cover over in the corner but we decided we are going back to meet up with the tour..So I worked into the wee hours got her oil changed,vacumed, tire presures, lights checked and washed and repacked about 1:30am..hit the sack up @ 5am and we hit the road..except for a detour off the 401 in Kingston we met up with the tour in Merrickville in her "ROD" and continued on..

I was quite dissapointed with Rislone after spending over a $100 and that stuff didin't work..In hindsite I don't think I would have made it home without it so I beleive it helped to slow the coolant loss enough to let me get it home..Long story I know bear with me just another paragraph....

I decided to contact Rislone and tell them their stuff was crap and I was unhappy customer..So I emailed the customer service..about three hrs later I get a call from a Frank Mannix customer rep for Rislone/bars and we have quite a chat turns out he's a hot rodder, Drag racer and a heck of nice guy..we talked for 1/2hr really nice guy.and really interested in our tour.

They are gonna send me my money back he says it works pretty good and has saved many cars but nothing is 100% and I agree that I probably would not have gotten it home with-out the stuff.. Next day he calls again after looking at the pictures from our tour and wanted a link to the pics of the past tours I was telling him we were on a Tour With Canadian Rodder and sort of filled him in on some of these tours..He asked for my address and said he was gonna send me some stuff like some decals and stuff He said how many people are in this tour I tell him about 200 So I don't know what will come but I will share it everyone ..or make sure it gets to Frank for the next tour ..

I also suggested they should be contributing to sponser some of these tours in some way and he says they might be interested so when what ever comes to me comes I will get in touch with Frank and share the information and the contact ..I think they might be interesd in being a sponsor..We will see..Anyway for us Diane & Riley and I this little tradgety was just a little bump we will get-er-fixed and be back ..But the great customer service from Rislone and talking with Mr Frank Mannix was good thing and I thought I would share it and they are going to refund my money..

Diane & I had a great time and for me a real hi-lite was getting to know the Sudbury Guys ..Mike, Cooter, 55blood, They are about as fine a group of guys you would ever run into I really appreciated them and their attitude.Thanks guys I really enjoyed meeting upclose and personal with you guys

Diane & I met a lot fine folks..we had a blast and look forward to doing it again..Thanks for the great time to all ..A big thanks to Frank & Judy ..Judy your a special "Roddess" Frank would be a bag of parts with-out you...and now for couple pics of smoky the Ford/Chevy

SO in the end Alls well that ends well nobody got hurt every body had a good time Looking forward to next year...

PICT1838.jpg

PICT1835.jpg

PICT1840.jpg

PICT1839.jpg

Last edited: