Performance World 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we are back from the show and the winner is the brown torpedo back and in second is my cousin Ray and Dianne Klowak with their Jamacia blue 1955 Chev convertable .There were a lot of very nice cars in the show but as a few have said there were a lot of drop outs due to the charges to get in .That is evident when the last hall before the boom boom room was filled with rice burners. The prize money sucked bigtime .Its evident that if the organizers of Performance World continue on this path of destruction it will disappear.Here is a link to all the cars in hall one .

http://s666.photobucket.com/albums/vv25/BlackMagic1934/Performance World 2011/

Last edited:
we are in Canada and the car hobby is dying unless your into Muscle and even at that they all look the same. How would you guys put on a better show? How would you draw more people into a show. Our hobby is becoming more and more politically incorrect how can it be brought back or can it?:confused:

Workin Class

I think first off i would stop charging 30 for older cars and 75 for newer cars. Just think how much it cost someone to put a car in the show. tow to the show sometimes it is snowing, four days at the show, time off work, hotel.food and drinks, tow home, all the money you spent on the car. And then you have to pay 30 bucks? More cars more people more money at the door then more venders reating space now thats a show.

Hey Bob (34ford) Great Shots. You the man duddy. Remember when we had our cars at the show. I don't ever recall hearing any bad thing about it. Boy have times changed. I guess its all about the money now..:rolleyes::rolleyes: Will give you a shout on Facetime tonight.

Where I come from these days every thing old car is all about the money why would a car show be any different. The car hobby has become vary elitist and vary expensive. Just think how far would a young person with a minimum wage job get when it comes to an old car. But the same kid can through friends pick up a Honda S-10 or cavalier or and off beat older 4 door if they are lucky. The rat rod beater hobby part seams to be growing. Would a winter show with that kind of car make enough $ to survive. Oh well summers coming and all will be good with the world. For guys up my way you are looking at least a $400.00 weekend to go to Cobo as a spectator its a long one day drive never mind the show time.

at least a $400.00 weekend to go to Cobo as a spectator

Went with a group on a chartered bus to Cobo, admission was $15, bus return was another $45. Spent 9 hours there and could have been longer. Performance World was through the show and out in under 2 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.