My trip to Atlantic Nationals-2009 with Canadian Hotrod Tour

sorry I don't agree street rods are street rods to me and the mucle years are just as much street rods as pre 48's not every one wants a pre 48

And that's why street rods are called street rods, and muscle cars are called muscle cars. They are two completely different animals. A street rod is not a muscle car, and vice versa.

As I said in my original post, I don't mind the newer cars, but once in awhile I like to go to an event and see just street rods. I dropped out of the CSRA back in the 80's when they went to a sliding scale. If I was still a member of the NSRA I'd be doing the same.

The tour was great, except for one unfortunate tour member losing control of his truck on one of the humungous hills, hitting a rock face, wrecking his truck and breaking his leg.

No one has asked whether the driver of the '52 Chev panel is home or still in the Maritimes.
I saw pics of the truck and am thankful he is OK ( except for a broken leg ).
You can always replace a vehicle, but never a life.

My thoughts and prayers go out to him for a full recovery.
May he find comfort in knowing I and my family we're deeply sadden for the lose of the truck, but thank the Lord for delivering him safely from the crash.

Last edited:
I was just wunderin why everyone is raggin on Brian for his report..I never got the impression in his report that he was complaining or bitchin..Just syaing what he experienced and not being negative..It's just his story guys ..Get over it ...I never got the impression he was bitchin.....just tellin his story of the trip..Sounds like he had a memorable adventure...Wish I could have made it...

And yep Street-rods ..Hot rods ..are pre 48...after that they are muscle or special interest cars..after 80..they are shit-cans built from recyled jap shit......But the made some real kewel 48 to mid 60s that I have a soft spot for and I like a lot of them..But they ain't street-rods..

And Frank does a hellavu job for all of us and for the most part he foots all the cost of running and managing this forum community..and I for one think he is unappreciated for all his effort..Lotta cheap shits here that never offer a penny to help out...fatchuk

:DHey Fatchuck :DI I'm glad your feeling better now:eek:Brian is somewhat right in expressing his feelings. He was also right about the weather. He was also right about the RXXD hotels ,they suxed major both of them . They charged the same as the Hilton chain Hamptons hotels which I might add where top notch . For all the road taxes in the gasoline in Quebec you would think they would spend it in up keep. I guess a roadster is not exactley the driest of cars .Even the guys that had 70's convertables had leaking problems ,but thats the way they are .I have to give Jamie & Stacey credit for travelling without a top in that kind of weather but they where prepaired for it .When I rode bike it was the same . I guess I was lucky my coupe was dry . When it got humid in the car the air conditioning worked fine but cool so leaving the windows down just a crack did the trick. We took side trips and had to go back to Peggies Cove which is quite spectacular . The rocks formed by lava flow's are huge and the waves hitting them are quite breath taking. Unfortunatley we didn't go on the Cabot trail because we heard it was rough . If we go we will take the 4 wheel drive. All in all we had a good time .We met a lot of people who have a passon for cars and loved to trade stories. We had people from the U.S.A. whom we met and enjoyed their company .Also met the bunch from Sudbury and of course John in OZ .He falls into a catagory all in his own. We also helped out a fellow car guy on the highway who was on his way to Moncton and got him going again and followed him to the garage. So the old saying is to take the good with the bad.:eek:

Bob

Last edited:
sorry Chukie I consider myself a hot rodder first and never owned a pre 48 except the 36 Hillman not meaning to ruffle feathers but thats the way it is and yes I enjoyed the write up in detail and would have loved to be there wish it had been better circumstances but there's only one who can control the weather eh!!

I think Brian needs a little cheese with that whine
I'm still down hear (well in Maine)
I have a different view but then I am not in a street rod

Adding fuel to the fire.....the definition of a "Streetrod" is a MODIFIED pre-49 vehicle, according to the NSRA. ( I know about the sliding scale, next year and I don't like it!) I'm an old guy, going back to the days before the word "streetrod" was coined. Hotrod comes from bastardizing the words "hot roadster" meaning a vehicle, usually a roadster, because they were lighter and cheaper than coupes or sedans, that was stripped of all unnessessary parts in an effort to lighten said vehicle to acheive more speed. You can "hotrod" any vehicle and call it a hotrod if you want, but to call it a Streetrod , unless it meets the criteria, is wrong and demonstrates a huge lack of knowledge and understanding about the history of the hobby/sport.
'nough said!!!
Mike

Fron a woman’s point of view, haha. I can see you guys already, shaking your heads going her she goes…

Yes the weather was bad at times, but the scenery beautiful. Did I bitch and complain on the ride, I sure did. I wasn’t use to spending so much time in a car, but what the hell ah? Yes one hotel was the pits, but oh well, that happens. Did I do much shopping, NO, and 34Ford was quit happy with that.

Would I go again, where do I sign, damn right I would, and eat Teenburgers everyday.

I hand it to Stacey and Jamie, what a couple through the rain and cold and sun and never a complaint, their two tough people. Great couple.

Frank did an excellent job organizing the trip and Judy too, My hat is off to them for all the hard work and time they put into the trip.

It was great putting faces to names, John from Oz and his wife a nice couple, and I meet so many new friends and had so much fun, not to mention the great lobster dinner we had at friends in PEI.

Other than Rick’s accident which we are all praying he’s okay and a few other incidents, it was a great trip.

When’s the next one Frank?

I am on your side too.
Sadly the numbers of people in our camp seem to be dwindling. I was talking to some guys at a cruise night yesterday and most of them prefer open events, and happily call any modified vehicles "street rods". I had to start ignoring them, lest my blood pressure start to rise. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I could have made the trip. It was great meet John & Jane.

needpics.gif

If anyone wants to see it, I have posted a complete pictorial of my trip over at Clubhotrod.com. I post on 3 different hotrod websites, and its just too much work to post the pics on 3 seperate forums. Follow the link---you should be able to view all the pics there without registering on the site.---Brian
http://www.clubhotrod.com/forums/sho...threadid=41320

Linky no worky.
If you use a photo hosting site like photobucket you just have to upload your photos ONCE, then write your story on one site (or in word like I do so I have it forever) then just cut and paste to the other sites.

If the one site you post to ever ceases to exisit your story/photo on there will be gone forever.

No one has asked whether the driver of the '52 Chev panel is home or still in the Maritimes.
I saw pics of the truck and am thankful he is OK ( except for a broken leg ).
You can always replace a vehicle, but never a life.

I agree, more emphasis should have been put on the driver and pasenger's welfare. I also saw photos of the crash and am happy both guys survived.

My thoughts and prayers go out to him for a full recovery.
May he find comfort in knowing I and my family we're deeply sadden for the lose of the truck, but thank the Lord for delivering him safely from the crash.

My thoughts and prayers for a speedy and painfree as possible recovery.

...I don't want to get morbid or anything but did anybody get pics of the wreck?

Yes, not sure if John from OZ plans on doing a adventure thread with photos. Sure would be nice to see photos of everything.:rolleyes: