Joe Dirtier Charger

Back in the shop --fixed that windshield piece but never took any pics as it wasn't that exciting just a PIA to do. So back out there this wknd and was about to put a small patch in floor pan till got poking away at it ---now this is pretty much the only piece of the car left other then the roof skin .....so of course it is roached ......the more got cutting and poking away at it ----so have to trim up the front toe board and clean up --would like to sand blast the rails but not going to be feasible ---clean it up ---rust crap to put on it --prime it and put new pan in ......is like owning a BOAT --(Bust Out Another Thousand ) cost of the pan of course .........gone up like everything else in our world . Other then couple little things around windshield to fix -----and put pan in should be it for metal work .....we hope lol ya sure.

IMG_20240128_100605303.jpg

IMG_20240128_161551869.jpg

As you can see in previous post original torsion crossmember still in there ......not for long. Jr came out to give me a hand to clean up all the rust and found more holes in it of course ----but had new one shipped up from Georgia in less than a week, that was surprising. Had to do a minor repair on inner rocker before could get crossmember in. Of course it doesn't fit proper and had to make some brackets for it and weld them in but all worked out. Now forgot to mention.... knocking out the torsion bars --------holy moly they do not want to come out so easy after 50yrs. I had a old drill vise someone gave me that had 5/8 bolts on it that I impacted onto the bars and took sledge to the old vise to knock them out ---it took alot more then I thought it would to get em out .

IMG_20240303_131945348.jpg

New member in and torsion bars slide in with ease ---I put them back in position on crossmember with the help of the 100 measurements I took before removal and welded in a temp bar across but didnt get that pic.

IMG_20240303_123913997.jpg

some test fitting and massaging .......the crossmember was 1/4 proud on the hump which made the hump where the pan meets the firewall up 1/2 inch ---so with a lill molesting on the cross member hump got it fitting pretty good all the way across.

IMG_20240303_133807867.jpg

got it drilled and prepped --ready to go back in for the 23rd time ( maybe slight exaggeration there ) lol. As everyone knows that has ever done any floor repair work making it look all neat and tidy and the only person who ever see's it is you ....or the person you are running over lol

Up to date so far on the Charger..........Codys 34 coming in for a engine/trans swap soon so Im sure he will keep me occupied till that job is done as it is 16 degrees again today ...crazy weather . Mentioned he should sign up on here and show what he is doing and maybe get some younger people involved on here, more the merrier :)

Cheers

"As everyone knows that has ever done any floor repair work making it look all neat and tidy and the only person who ever see's it is you ....or the person you are running over lol"

I cover all that type of work with tar so when it goes over the BJ chassis camera it gets dripped on lol

Spent the better part of the wknd putting floor in ---was a bit of a rude job and few more repairs along the way ---cleaning --grinding sanding -spot blast ( mess) but managed to get it all in. Few more little things to address and that should be it for the welding ----probably not with this turd lol Only thing left in it now is the brake pedal :( Seen thread on sound deadner that I cant seem to locate ... Whats everyone using ?>

Cheers

IMG_20240310_181221774.jpg

I bought 2 rolls of a noise reducer from a stereo company about 20 years ago. No name on it . It’s the same as kilmat . Home Depot is supposed to carry a roofing product that is the same also.. same silver foil facing never looked for it though. ..