I am a newbie again

shag766

Supporting Member
Good day all, the name is Rick and i live just outside Belleville Ontario. I have been playing around with old cars since the 60's and currently have a 1950 F-1 truck with a 5lt h/o power, C-6 trans, 9" rear and mustang 2 steering. 1969 2 door h/t coronet with year correct hemi power, tremec 5spd o/d trans and moser dana 60 rear with 3:90 gears. 1970 2 door h/t chevelle with a 572 dart engine with 823hp at the crank, 200r o/d trans and moser 9" rear with 3:90 gears. last one, lol 2002 s/s camaro 35th anniversary edition and a convertible.
Thanks for having me aboard and as i figure out the form i will post some pics of my cars and throw my 2 cents in on any thread i feel i can be of some help.

Last edited:
What Brendan said. Thanks for taking the time to join us and a great intro as well !

Welcome from another newbie . Nice collection of vehicles but of course without pics it didn't happen as we say on FTE . lol P.S. sounds like allot of hp for a 200r .

Welcome in...nice Toy box.
Love the F-1. Such a tiny picture I loose a bit expanding it...what did you do for the visor??? I am working on something similar currently for my Dad’s ‘46.
Greg

here we go,
john and rick 001 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0032_1.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

EMsummer.jpg

the motor in the chevelle is the motor that was featured on the cover of engine masters magazine. we were at westech performance for the photo shoot for the mag and had art carr build the tranny for it after the dyno run. the cover said 825hp but it was actually 823hp on pump gas.

Last edited:
here we go,
View attachment 2537
View attachment 2538
View attachment 2539
View attachment 2540
View attachment 2541

the motor in the chevelle is the motor that was featured on the cover of engine masters magazine. we were at westech performance for the photo shoot for the mag and had art carr build the tranny for it after the dyno run. the cover said 825hp but it was actually 823hp on pump gas.
Yeah 825 on pump gas is crazy!! 823 seems more real .... lol ,
seriously, I see you had it on track, what kind of ET's with that monster?. I'll take a wild guess... low 10's??

Yeah 825 on pump gas is crazy!! 823 seems more real .... lol ,
seriously, I see you had it on track, what kind of ET's with that monster?. I'll take a wild guess... low 10's??
Good eye catching the track, lol but truthfully i don't know the ET'S. I have had it down to picton a couple of times for the armdrop drags but they weren't timing them yet. i guess now they are but haven't been there yet since that started.

An envious collection and noted not playing brand favourites :D .
The visor on the truck changes the look a fair bit, looks good.

Hey Rick
Welcome aboard. This is a great site although a bit west-centric. Weird since the admin lives in the Toronto area. The buckets are dyed and installed in the Studebaker and I just found a sun visor for the wagon which I am installing this weekend. That is a good looking stable you have there.
Warren