Home built tools & machines

Very cool videos. Is that your set-up or someone else's shop?

I participated in an iron pour when I lived in Atlanta, but the pros did all the work. I'd like to try DIY casting some time.

The smelting furnace is something I made to try and cast aluminum parts here at home in my garage. I got as far as making a whole bunch of aluminum ingots, but have not cast parts yet. I should try and cast "Canadian Rodder" plaques like the old car clubs used to have. I'll see if Frank will give me permission !!

The mill actually started life as an older NC mill. All I did was convert all the electronics and drives to work as a CNC mill by using a standard PC.
Dan

new shop stool ....

attachment.php

Well....at least the royal throne is in is right place.....the workshop. Now we can say " here yee, here yee, hail to the King of the Shop"...:D:D:D:D:D

I didnt want to say the King of HotRods.....Didnt want to insult you by comparing you to Barris.....thats one ass that should be sitting on the shitter.:D:D:D:D

i"m going to have to fab up some better hinges for the seat.....then i can use it as a back rest. not sure who's picture to center in the hole yet but she is gonna be hot.