High $$ '56 F-600 Crew Cab under construction vids

James__WC

Supporting Member
Being built by a shop in Missouri, Classic Car Studio, looks like they do some nice metal work.

Still on the fence about there being no "B pillar", but if they build the inner structure robust enough, it should work......

Part 1: Run Time: 12:53

Part 2: Run Time: 11:53

EDIT: Hmmmm, just stumbled across a "Projects Update" vid from a year ago, and they show that the front doors have latch in them (appears stock?, but might be a bearclaw?), and that the leading edge of the rear doors has a "striker". The rear doors which are mounted "suicide" off the rear pillar, use a latch and striker from some model of Cadillac. But the rear door latches are mounted into the roof structure. So, if I'm understanding the way this all works, that would mean you cannot open the rear doors to get in, or get out, without first opening the front door??

Seems like they have chosen aesthetics over function here, one thing I've never been a fan of........

Anyways, the F-600 part of the vid starts around the 4:34 mark.........

Last edited:
Doors work the same way on any modern extended cab pickup. Have to open the front to open the back.

Doors work the same way on any modern extended cab pickup. Have to open the front to open the back.

Ian: Yup, my Ranger Ext Cab uses a similar setup (but has a top and bottom latch on the rear doors), and on a Ranger, it's adequate, because the only humans that would be sitting back there are children or "little people"....although I think there was ONE occasion where JVO gut to fold himself up back there:) But I'm fairly certain that in all the time I've owned the truck (Aug 19/2007-present) I can still count the number of adults that have ridden back there on one hand.

Fantastic vision and execution and to each their own but for me those wheels are brutally ugly and totally ruin the look .