getting registration

...JRR.... the Lincoln is in good shape...reg in my name and appraised (should do it again for insurance valuation with the changes)....I'm thinking of a new project with no registration and simply a Bill of Sale.....gonna be a challenge, and info on the process (in Ontario) would be appreciated.....
Thx

...... and,..... best of all,.... we got the shop doors open!! (after a winter sleep)!!.... now we can back 'er out,.... "AN" HAVE A "T" PARTY!!!..... lee's been runnin' around here grinnin' like a coyote lickin' down off a thistle!!!....

We probabley gonna have to come and pry him of the cieling he be so happy.

IMG_2024.jpg

Hey Lee, that's great. I've been sweatin about no regi for my 27 "T" . So I'll take your advice and walk the gauntlet when I get around to finishing the thing. Thanks for posting your experience.

Carl

JUST A LITTLE FRIENDLY ADVICE!try and find an inspector gadget that is interested in hotrods and then when he asks you to fix a few things dont argue,just humor him and fix them,even if you dont agree!it works really well .ask 55 buick.the whole process was pretty much painless and everyone involved is very pleased .and a new hotrod is born.congrats little bro,glad i could be a part of it.:):):)

thats the trick don't argue with the inspector and things seem to come together quit well

we had a fellow here in Kamloops that had a couple of streached street rods that he did a limo service with. He had gotten a blank CVIP inspection from another guy down in the Coast, and happened to get caught in a road block. He had to pump the brakes twice to get brakes, the front tire was rubbing on the side of the fender, he had non DOT approved hydraulic cylinders to drop the front end, just a nightmare. Once the government inspectors got involved, it had to conform to the letter of the law because they could be on the hook if they passed it and an accident occured. I don't think he ever managed to pass and sold the cars.

Russ

You look happier than a sand boy there Lee and that's cool. Neat to see you are heading for the road soon.

Susan will be impressed when you take her for the first ride,

Good on ya mate, cheers and beers, John

Thjank you 55

If I undestand u korrectly, (size 48 shirt, size 4 hat), I have to hold onto my bill of sale and throw hours and dollars at my old iron BEFORE i kin git the registration for it. I've never had iron on the property without the reg. From here it seems kind of strange.:confused:
Terry

If I undestand u korrectly, (size 48 shirt, size 4 hat), I have to hold onto my bill of sale and throw hours and dollars at my old iron BEFORE i kin git the registration for it. I've never had iron on the property without the reg. From here it seems kind of strange.:confused:
Terry

If you're in B.C., you need to have your car road worthy and inspected before you can move on to step 2 ( registration).

Road worthy =
signals,
lights, brake lights,
brakes,
horn, wipers
good tires,
good brakes, seat belts,
speedo, exaust and a decent looking body.

Dont try to take a complete rust bucket in for an inspection or you're hooped for sure.

Anyone with any Alberta experience and/or advice on how to get a street roadster registered. There is no VIN number.

From this thread it sounds like BC is a dream compared to Alberta (the once relatively good place to do business!).

Send me a PM.

thanks

Right on Lee. You saved one step by not living on the lower mainland.......Air care. This step is fine if you are running a good clean running motor.

you mean that even hot rods and classics have to go through aircare?
what do they base the tests on, the year of the engine or the year of the car/truck?

Yes hot rods do have to go through Aircare here. Depends on the type of insurance you have though. If you have the modified collector or the stock collector plates, they have to go through and get a full pass once. If you have regular insurance (blue and white plates) they have to go through every year, just like any other daily driven car. The emission base is set at, I think, 1972 standards.

THANKS so much for that!! I'm having "issues" tracking the reg from my dad's 1967 Pontiac Grande Parisienne last insured and registered in the NWT. Someone tried telling dad to send a copy of the gift letter .... bad email address. Then when I called voicemail was FULL with no other options at the MV office!! sheesh No luck tracking the paperwork down so far, perhaps your tutorial gets me on the final steps to road ready!! One can hope! Oooops, that was directed to UGLEE for the step by step!

Last edited:
reggie

Elf, go see your agent, its REALLY easy. If you know the cars history, its just paperwork, I just registered a Willys pickup that sat in Coalmont for thirty five years, was easy, icbc is very accommodating and has a help guide for you as well.