getting registration

UGLEE 33

I jist got the registration fer my T coupe. Gentlemen. don,t waste yer money buying registrations from other people It wasn,t that hard to do it the proper and legal way. the only real hitch was it has to be ready to certify when you apply for your B,C vin #,
for the 500 or so bucks you would pay for reggie,, its a real good days pay to do it your self:D

Good on you Lee, so what's the rego number,T BAR well you have the Buick Bar and Grill.

Good for you mate, you'll be on the road all legal soon.

Cheers, John

Last edited:
Excuse me for jumping in here, I now live in BC but lived in Ontario until two years ago. I can tell ya bgbdlinc the rules in bc and Ontario are different in so many ways. Your best bet is to get the info from the MTO license office so you know exactly what is required in you. You should be able to search the MTO site for registration particulars. Good luck, Wes.

# 1)
first I had to do a vehical record search, which they had no record of my car so,,on to the next step
7 $ cost

#2)
I had to fill out a statutory decloration (mv1484) and take it to a notory public staying the vehical year,make,model,body style and vin if it has one
when and where yer vehical was bought, and fer how much
the sellers name and details of the attempt made to git the sellers signature
any documents that might provide evidence of vehical ownership and how you come to own it
the condition of yer car when ya bought it, and the condition of it now,and what ya did to modify it

in basic !!promise this aint no bullshit, all that took me about ten minuits
cost 39$
#3)
apply fer a vin tag iffin ya don,t have one
cost 25 $

this is where I screwed up
don,t apply for a vin tag untill your ready to git it certifyed, ya only have 30 days from when they send the tag to ya to have it certifyed ,or ya have to send the vin back
also ya have to pic the place ya want it certifyed at,cause they won,t send the tags to you, they send them to the inspection facility you choose ,and they have to put the serial # on and certify it at the same time

cost 100 $
#4)

take yer papers to the insurance place and they will print ya out a reggie:D:D:D:D happy,happy,happy

iffin yer from or around P.T.P country go to Brownridge insurance and ask for Patrice, she will give you all the forms ya need for the whole process, and help ya through it. she is very knowledgable and a real sweetheart

total cost 224 $ 153 of which you would have to spend no matter which way ya do it

Well done Lee, I know it has been bothering you for a while, it is a great feeling to get the regi in your hands:D............Patrice is used to handling my paper work:eek:, they have handled the paper work for all my debris as well as imports and have taken friends there when no one else could help.

George

I jist got the registration fer my T coupe. Gentlemen. don,t waste yer money buying registrations from other people It wasn,t that hard to do it the proper and legal way. the only real hitch was it has to be ready to certify when you apply for your B,C vin #,
for the 500 or so bucks you would pay for reggie,, its a real good days pay to do it your self:D

Oh hell .......... and I was just going to suggest you trailer it.

Pay backs are a b!tch. :D

Right on Lee. You saved one step by not living on the lower mainland.......Air care. This step is fine if you are running a good clean running motor.

iffin ya regisered it up here b-bob and then brought it down there do ya still have to git it air cared?

If you live down there and driveing it there it has to be air cared.......If you registered it here and had an accident they could deny the claim.

Hugh.....................PTP

air care sucks mufflers!

Right on Lee. You saved one step by not living on the lower mainland.......Air care. This step is fine if you are running a good clean running motor.

I went through hell with a 58 porsche 356 I had when I lived in Chilliwack and the air care crap.

The motor was a complete rebuild and it failed. So I rebuilt the carbs... and it failed. I reported the carbs... and it failed. I reported them leaner... failed.... richer... failed.

I got pretty pissed off with the whole thing and went up the food at air care and told them, "look, this thing is running cleaner than any diesel I see on the road, are you telling me I'll never be able to liscence this thing?"

The answer I got was, "yes you can liscence it but until you get the emissions down, you'll always have a "conditional" on file".

I ran that car on "conditionals" for 3 years before moving to the interior.

but what if I moved from here down there, when I change the adress on my reggie does it have to git air cared

I think so many of us have heard horror stories about registration that its spawned the bogus reggy fad. It's like the, " I know a guy who bought a 58 corvette from a widow for $300.00 after seeing an ad in the paper for used chevrolet". Sure there have been some nasty problems for some people but playing it cool and not trying to fool the paper gods is the only way to keep it pain free.

There are a lot of different variables but keep it honest and its a snap.
The certification is the biggie for sure. But there's ways to make that smooth too. Stay away from smaller shops ( unless they guy is into cars and knows you're into them too) that do certifications because they'll rip your car appart in hopes that they can give you a huge list or required repairs and you'll give them business. There are plenty of chains that do certifications too. That's where I have mine done. Their busy and dont have time for microscopic investigations and to them the $100 fee is nice change for 15 minutes of a mechanics time.

Make sure everything works... horn, lights, signals brake lights. Be sure it stops without a lot of squeeking and doesnt look like its twisted when you take it in for inspection at the DIF. Dont forget to upgrade to seat belts and the speedo's got to work too. Buddy from the DIF will need to take it out for a cruize with you to be sure its drivable too. Go with him and tell him about some of the cool work you got planned for it, it will keep him interested and not focused on the petty stuff.

I've had excellent success sticking with a national chain for certification on a 356 porsche from Nevada, a 50 ford from Alberta, a Beck 550 porsche Spyder from Ontario and a 356 convertible from Manitoba.

Here's what is needed to register my car as a MODIFIED 1931 ford

1) Certification by a Designated Inspection Facility ( can be Canadian Tire)

2) apply for B.C. Assigned Registration ( form MV1325) ( you'll have to take it back again for the DIF to mount the new B.C. Vin Number)

3) Application to register a modified or Collector Motor Vehical ( form MV1437) a) You need to fill this out and tell them what kind of modifications were done before you bought it, b) list any modifications you've made ( attach photocopies of reciepts) c) attach a copy of the Certification from step one and d submit the VIN number from step 2 *(you also have to submit pictures here of the car from front, sides, rear, engine and drivers compartment). Then mail it off to ICBC.

After you have that last slip of paper, march down to get your insurance.

Dont panic. Talk to an adult at your insurance broker, not one of the front line ditz that look cute but cant think for themselves. They'll help you through it and if they're stumped, they still know how to dial direct to the right people at ICBC. :cool:

but what if I moved from here down there, when I change the adress on my reggie does it have to git air cared

Yes. When you move from one zone in B.C. to another you need to update your liscence and reggie. Move to Vancouver island and your air care free... or to Hope. If you need to be in traffic central you're going to need to be air cared. Drive on conditionals is your worst case senario ( its just a slip of paper, nothing to fear).

*(if your registering a collectors plate vehical (completely stock) and you live in the lower mainland, you only need to get air caired once prior to getting the collector plates. you do not need yearly inspections).

Last edited:
Windsor-408...Thanks..I'm just starting to look into this process and I know the regs vary from province to province. The MTO site gets into 'rebuilt', 'salvage' terminology which doesn't apply for what I want to do...so I'll keep diggin'....the BC stuff is interesting tho'....

Hey' it must feel great to have all the paper work done !
When the first big test drive ? Your smile will be a mile wide when you make the first coffee run in the T.:D:D:D
Hey Linc , if you haven't put your lincon in your Name yet you need to have an appraisal done soon .Or the great MTO of Ontario will make you pay sales tax on your finished appraised value .That's gona hurt ! :eek:
John.

Hey,Lee!!!Good on ya ,bud!!I'm glad ya got the T reggie,and thanx fer the tutorial.I printed it off for future reference fer the Merc!So are plannin' on makin' a run down this way at all this year with that little coupe?

I be a figgering that when him (55 Buick) git's it a goin him not be a stoppin much.......Just will need new tires fer the back when him duz a pit stop......

Hugh....................................PTP