Endura black

shaune

Supporting Member
I have a question about what color Endura black 160, no gloss satin looks like. Google was no help. The rep on the phone tried to help but I just got confused when he asked about low gloss-medium or no gloss-satin.
I usually use my favourite, the gloss black under hood but for this project I will try stepping outside my box and go with a semi gloss....but I don't know which one to buy.
I want to stay with the Endura product, 2 part, not spray bomb finish.
Anyone give me guidance on what these 2 products look like ?

Shaune it is a good durable product the only bad thing I would have to say about it would be the gloss level is not always consistent from can to can but if it is a one time get er done that's not going to be a problem. If you want a little easier clean up in there, look into the Teflon additive they have. I have used it a couple of times and it seems to help when cleaning oil and gunk. Just don't use too much as it will go milky on you.

Bash

Consistency in gloss shouldn't be a problem for this application. Keeping things clean, while it sounds like a neat additive, the Teflon probably isn't needed for this application either.
Would you say the no gloss satin is the product I should use for the under hood finish I need ?
More factory like finish but with the Endura product. Hate to say factory here right now seeing as how cone head cars are getting stink eye lately :D but the gloss finish I like will look out of place in this instance.
Thanks for the quick reply Neil.

What is this on? The dodge? or mustang? or truck? If the mustang the semi gloss looks more factory for sure. But I always say do whatever you like it's your car.

Bash

This is for the Mustang, under hood spruce up this winter. I used gloss on the Plymouth and the truck will be same. Easy to clean, smooth and shiny. I can buy spray bomb stuff of the right colour, concourse correct but I can spray endura stuff with success and the durability is just better. I will call and order a quart tomorrow $$$.

Rattle can will never be as durable as actual automotive sprayed paint (no film build) so yeah the durability factor of endura is great.

Bash

Last edited:
I have a picture of an engine that I painted in Endura low gloss 160 black but can't post it here. I could email it to you though if you like. I could also text it to you if you prefer.

Last edited:
Shaune: Endura has available 2K spray bombs, which are the same product you would use in your spray gun. The bad news is, you have approx 24 hrs after activation to use up the contents or it's toast.

http://www.canadianrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9898

And ENDURA is an Edmonton based company!

.....hmmmm.......after reading the last several posts in that old thread, might be better off just loading the spraygun

Email is shaunelapworth @ Yahoo. Ca Or text is 3 0 6 4 2 0 8 0 9 0. Either method is good for me, thanks in advance for the pic.