Daily pics

your right about that decklid, i spent over a year trying to find one and if it wasn,t for davey joe i would still be looking! i would drag that one home right now if iknew where it was!

Davey if it isn't a Monarch it could be aclub coupe with the long doors, the businessmans coupe had the short doors, well that is what they were sold as in N.Z. We didn't get the monarch so I have the old tunnel vision on this one.

Cheers and yes grab that car Kelly it does look like you could salvage some stuff from it. John

Hose off all that dirt and grass, put a few bottles of new shine on her and she may look like this! This is a 41 for $15000 (ebay)
2348_3.jpg
the second car is a 47 i think its got longer doors?
66d7_1.jpg

Last edited:
Kelly, that coupe is a 41 judging by the drip rail. It doesn't appear to come all the way back to the trunk lid like the 42-48. Can't tell if it is a ford or merc though or whether it is a long or short door coupe. The deck lid is worth getting for sure. Pat.

The last one of those '48 Fords that i worked on, t-lids without the rust along the bottom were impossable to find. Then Bullwinkle met Jake the snake ! So the owner was able to get a lid and a whole lot more good parts.
A coincidence story: The day we moved the shop here, the owner of the house and her two daughters were here. After a while one of the daughters comes out and says i look familier. Then she says she had a '48 Ford convert and it had sat in her garage for over twenty-five years. My lights are flashing in my mind! Then she knew who i was and she knew it was me she sold it to. At first i thought she would be upset that i never kept it. So i told her the rest of the story of what became of the car and she was fine with that. The next day, i brought back a picture of the car for her. For you 'locals' out there, this is the red convert that Doug Maclanders has now.

jj,... that one seems ta have run amuck,.......... (at least on my screen) try 'er again............

Hey Brian, it's a small cargazmic world, isn't it? Gotta love it when conections come out of nowhere.

Carl