Bonneville 2024

Oh boy I made a mistake ! Looking today at the dates of Speed Week, they are different from my hotel booking. I was sure I lined all this up right, SHEEEET.
Now it looks like I will try for World of Speed later in Sept 6 to 9 as there are hotel rooms still available for that. Anyone been to World of Speed ? Different from Speed Week ? There usually is a guy from Saskatoon that runs a VW powered buggy at world of speed.

Well shucks…..have to think about this now. I am sure the event is still exciting but that is quite a difference….

Not quite the count in September, but I think the more serious are there and not the mayhem. Bonneville is Bonneville. Book a room, see land speed records broken, go into the pits and talk to the racers. I have never been to the World of Speed, but I bet it is more intimate and just as exciting.
Warren

Beware the times of wet salt! Several times in the past decades both events have been shortened or cancelled.

Beware the times of wet salt! Several times in the past decades both events have been shortened or cancelled.
Yes I have heard and seen this, the hotel has a cancellation policy that i should be able to watch the forecast and make a decision early enough.