B.C. Custom Car Clubs

B.C. Custom Car Clubs
Oops already discovered 3 more clubs for a total of 154. Pharohs(p.g.)/road gents(p.g.)/road regals(burnaby),also learned that the Pacers(B.C.) I had listed was actualy from Quesnel

40fordfordorrod

More Prince George clubs from the early seventies The Early Rods and, I think it was called Spruce City Street rod assn.....someone could correct me on the latter.

NO....it was called Centre City Street Rods, not Spruce City

Last edited:
Should be Klassics, Mission. There is no Mission Classics. I started the club in 1983. Club still exists. Lived in Mission district 73-98. 7 years in Ruskin, then Mission City. I don't know if the Fifty 567 club is considered a custom club as we had customs, street machines and stockers, all Pontiacs, Chevs and pickups from 55,56,57. I started that club in 1977 in Surrey and it is still going today. Also Classic Chevy Club from Surrey. Modified and stock.

Last edited:
Thanks fordnutz; Noted & changed ,I knew for sure about the Klassics with a K 'cause I have seen the club plaque. I cann't remember where I found the Mission Classics , but at the time I thought they might be the same ,but it was spelt with a "C". One more to add which makes a total of 155 is the Valley Street Rod Ass'n (Kelowna).

40fordfordorrod/Floyd

Thanks Kieth; Noted ,added & changed.P.G. over the years has probably had more clubs than any other city in B.C. over the years ,so Bob Hunter & Blair Curtis tell me.

40fordfordorrod/Floyd

Here are a few more, anybody please add,subtract or correct as necessary.Thanks

Angels rod & custom club(?)/Baladiers(s. van)/Kings(chilliwack)/Mystics(vic)/Regents(?)/Valley street rod ass'n(kelowna)/west van auto ass'n(van) B.C.T.A.(I even forgot about that one until I found my old decal in a desk drawer) & one for the ladies The Kustomettes(?).

also FORDNUTZ ,I checked the Satans Angels and they were taken under the B.C.H.R.A. umbrella & also I"m not at this time counting one make clubs such as tri 5 ,studerbaker driver club ,A&T club ,etc

40fordfordorrod/Floyd

B.C. CUSTOM CAR CLUBS

here are a few more clubs ;b.c. thrill seekers(langley)/fort st. john cruisers(ft. st. john)/fender skirt womans car club(maple ridge)/greater van. street machines(van)/machines in motion(pentiction)/prince rupert auto club(prince rupert)/smoke & steel(trail) & one for tbucket/river city cruisers(powell river).That makes a total so far of 171 clubs in B.C.Please add or correct as required.Thanks

40fordfordorrod/Floyd

Floyd i see you have the charioteers of victoria here, I have the club plaque but the car guys I know never heard of the club. Is there any information that any of the members could pass on. I went to see a young man about a pedal car for my grandson and he had this plaque so I bought it, it's old, looks like someone did some carving to make the pattern. Thanks Gord.

Thanks NITRO HUNTER; Is Cowichan Valley Rod & Custom a different club from Cowichan cruisers? If so ,I will adjust list as noted.

40fordfordorrod/Floyd

more car clubs

Thought I would add a few clubs to your list.
Road Barons (Vernon)
Pacers (Kamloops)
Slicks (Rutland)
Checkers (Kelowna)
Scavengers (Salmon Arm/Vernon)
Road Knights (Kelowna)
Cardeans (Kelowna)
Highwaymen (Armstrong)
... all were mentioned in the club directory in the April 1966 Road & Motor Sport magazine.
Also, mentioned in the 1958 "Centennial Motorama souvenir program was the "Angels Rod & Custom Club".
Some others from Vancouver Island include:
Duals (Campbell River)
Valley Pacers (Alberni)
Hubsters (Nanaimo)
Pharaohs (Victoria)

Custom car clubs

Thanks Hubster:
We already have the Pacers (Kamloops ) which I am a founding member of The current Pacers #3 club & a member of the original #1 club.we have the Highwaymen as one of our Pacers #3 club member was the last treasurer for the Highwaymen.We have the Valley Pacers & also the Scavengers.Thank you for the new additions of the Cardeans/Kelowna,Checkers/Kelowna,Duals/Campbell River,Hubsters/Nanimo,Pharaohs/Vic.,Road Barons/Vernon,Road Knights/Kelowna and the Slicks/Rutland. That makes a new total of 192 Custom Car Clubs In B.C. Thanks again

40 ford4.........rod don't forget the VI CRUISES on Van Island. Only 5 year old & over 200 names on our email list:D:D:D:D:rolleyes: Frank

40 Ford... that would be Parksville, as wehave no real home base. Send your email to me at ffleighAT telus.net & I'll send you our license plate. Thanks, Frank

B.C. CUSTOM CAR CLUBS

For you guys that have an interest or give a dam the count for the B.C. CUSTOM CAR CLUBS is up to 245 as of May 29/2015. When I get some time I will ad them to the 150 listed here(will have to sort out the ones listed to the newer ones). Believe it or not I'm still picking up some new clubs just formed & some older clubs too. Please don't try adding until I list the additional 95. Thanks for your intrest.

Thanks for all your efforts....look forward to seeing the complete list:)

B.C. CUSTOM CAR CLUBS

Thanks for the encouragement Kieth. Here is the additions to the list & please don't hesitate to add or correct it.
Alberni Valley Drag Race Association/Alberni. B.C. Roadsters/Van. Cache Creek Grafiti Club/Cache Creek. Central Interior Timing Racing Association/P.G.
Check Mates/Kamloops. Coach Masters/Oliver. Coachmen/Van. Coast Customs/Gibsons. Crowns/Vic. Dirty Devils Rat Rod Club/Van. Isle. Drifters/N. Surrey. Drifters/N. Delta. Early Rods/P.G. Fraser Valley Cruisers/Chilliwack. Freewheelers Car Club/100 mile. High Lifters/Duncan. Horsepower Hooligans/Williams Lake. Island Customs/Ladysmith. Inter Valley Car Club Association/Okanagan Valley. Intruders/Cloverdale. Kamloops Kar Klub/Kamloops. Knights/West Van. Lancers/Haney. Lightning Rods/Van. Lost Knights/Cloverdale. Nechako Valley Classics & Customs/Vanderhoof. Night Prowlers/Richmond. North Burnaby Safety Club/N.Burnaby. Nanimo Area Street Rods/Nanimo. Nitro/Quesnel. Oceanside Overdrives/Parksville. PGARA/Prince George. Pistons Car Club/Burnaby. Piston Pilots/Agassiz. Positracs/Terrace. Pushers Car Club/Vic. Quarter Benders/N. Surrey. Ram Cos Car Club/? Rebel Customs/? Reapers/Vernon. Road Dogs/Van. Road Lords/W. Van. Road Ramblers/Vernon. Road Rebels/Vic. Road Runners/Enderby. Roadsters/Vic. Road warriors/Powel River. Rod Benders/Van. Scavengers/Salmon Arm. Slowpokes/Cloverdale. Slow-pokes/Rosedale. Stockers/N.Burnaby. Sun Valley Cruisers/Pentiction. Shuswap 1/4 Milers/Salmon Arm. Shuswap Shifters/Salmon Arm. Termites Car Club/N.Surrey. The Time Machines/Van TR Cruisers/Tumbler Ridge. Trojans/100 mile. Vancouver Cruisers/Van. Vancouver Roadsters/Van. Vaquere's Car Club/Van. Vigilantes Auto Club/Van. West Coast Cruisers/Chilliwack. Wine Country Racing/Osoyoos. Wooden Monkeys/Surrey. Total with the others by my calculations makes 245 Custom Car Clubs in B.C.(These I have found from the Internet , at show & shines & from word of mouth from friends). Like I say please add , subtract or correct , it won't hurt my feelings one bit , this is just for fun & to help the hobby (or way of life for some people). Floyd.