B.C. Custom Car Clubs

Did you know (or really care ) that there are & have been 151 custom car clubs in B.C. Here are the first 20 alphabeticaly , each day I'll ad another 20.
100 mile cruisers(100 mile)/abiders(langley)/adapters(ladysmith)/alliance of okanogan car clubs(kelowna)/apple valley cruisers(summerland)/back alley boys(burnaby)/BCCCA & BCHRA(van)/black cats(van)/blacktoppers(pg)/blacktop bombers(kelowna)/blind bay cruisers(shuswap)boundery bandits(grand forks)/bulkley valley cruisers(housten)/burnout bozzos(n. B.C.)/cal north street rods(delta)/cam jammers(vernon)/cariboo cruisers(cariboo)/cccc(chilliwack)/century toppers(vic)/center city SRA(pg). Will continue on tomorrow , If you know of any mistakes or additions alphabeticaly please post.

B.C. Custom Car Clubs / day 2

continued from yesterday ; charioteers(vic) / chauffers(mission) / chokers(van) / classic cruisers(fort st. john) / coachman(vernon) / coachmen(cranbrook) / coasters(burnaby) / coasters cc(sunshine coast) / colonials(new west) / columbia valley classics(radium) / comox valley cruisers(comox) / counts(richmond) / cowichan cruisers(duncan) / country cruisers(chilliwack) / creston valley cruisers(creston) / cruisen classics(pg) / cruisers west coast(van) / crusaders(n Van) / crusaders(quesnel) /custom calaliers(quesnel). please post any errors or aditions.

B.C. Custom Car Clubs /day 3

Day 3/
cut outs(p. alberni)/delta timing ass.(ladner)/dragons(burnaby)/drifters(vernon)/dusters(revelstoke)/esquires(burnaby)/el caminos(burnaby)/el coasters(burnaby)/el kavios(salmon arm)/fools(vic)/fraser valley sra(langley)/graffitti car club of canada(surrey)/golden customs(van)/golden knights(vic)/golden oldies(p alberni)/highwaymen(armstrong)/hornby island src(hornby island)/idlers(alberni valley)/idlers(cloverdale)/injectors(new west).Please post any additions or errors.

40......I would post this in regular discussion and chat. I don't think this section of the forums gets many visitors.
To that end, I refreshed a thread on car club plaques which has some good
links to it.

Day/4
intruders(burnaby)/igniters(burnaby)/ironmen(burnaby)/kamloops sra(kamloops).kamloops custom car ass'n.(kamloops)/kingsmen(van)/klassics(mission)/kelowna kustoms(kelowna)/kustom kings(chilliwack)/lakers(williams lake)/lakecountry customs & classics(windfield)/lancers(van(/langley loafers(langley)/mid island cruisers(comox)/mile O cruisers(dawson cr.)/mission classics(mission)/modifiers(van)/nelson road kings(nelson)/newton boys hot rods(surrey)/night prowlers(B.C.) Please post any additions or errors.Thanks Kieth ,but I think I started here & don't know how to change it so I guess I'll have to finish here.

OK Fordy......now don't forget the White Rock Rockers, the New Westminster Westrods............I was raised in White Rock but just couldn't bring myself to join the "local" club, I joined the Westrods, because I worked in New West
and besides it seemed cooler at the time.

Right Kieth , I have them both ,especialy the Westrod cause I grew up at South Westminster(Scott Hill),Walley(Groveror rd.) & North Delta(Kennedy).We used to rink rat at Queens park arena & hang around the Cal Van store on Colunbia street ,just to see the cool rods.One in particular was one day Fred Walsh showed up with ""TREASURE"" a '40 Ford four door sedan.(I swore that one day I would have one & now I do , it only took 58 years)There also was a chopped & channeled red model "A" coupe,Albert Swift also had a real cool "50 Chevy coupe (silver blue metalic with scallops).Bob Hepper from White Rock with his '55 plymouth ht.(pearl white with metalic blue scallops).But I digress on to the day /5 list

Day/5
nicola valley cruisers(merritt)/nomads(n. west)north shore rod & custon)n. van)/north thompson rod & custom(clearwater)/north island cruisers(campbell river)/nanimo rod & kustom ass'n(nanimo)/ocean idlers(parksville)/old guys rule rod club(?)/overdrives(p g)/over the hill gang (vic)pacers#1 &#2(kamloops)pacers#3(thompson shuswap)/pacers(vic)/pacers(B.C.?)/pandraggers(surrey)/pisra(fraser valley)/pharaohs car club(cranbrook)/prospectors(quesnel)/pushrods(courtney).

Day/6
quarter milers(vic)/renegades(van)/reapers(van)/richmond rod & custom(richmond)road barons(van)/road cruisers(van)/road gamblers(vic)/road kings(nelson)/roadmen carclub(surrey)/road ramblers(mission)/road runners(cloverdale)/road scorchers(glen lake)/rockey mountain cruisers(golden)/rockin in the rockies(cranbrook)/rod benders(vic)/rodiques(pentiction)/rockers(white rock)/rouges(vic)/satans angels(van)/scavengers(vernon). Please post any additions & corrections.

Road Ramblers

Day/6
quarter milers(vic)/renegades(van)/reapers(van)/richmond rod & custom(richmond)road barons(van)/road cruisers(van)/road gamblers(vic)/road kings(nelson)/roadmen carclub(surrey)/road ramblers(mission)/road runners(cloverdale)/road scorchers(glen lake)/rockey mountain cruisers(golden)/rockin in the rockies(cranbrook)/rod benders(vic)/rodiques(pentiction)/rockers(white rock)/rouges(vic)/satans angels(van)/scavengers(vernon). Please post any additions & corrections.
The Road Ramblers CC. should be Stave Falls B.C. as that's where they had their garage and clubhouse.

Car Clubs who they were?

Did you know (or really care ) that there are & have been 151 custom car clubs in B.C. Here are the first 20 alphabeticaly , each day I'll ad another 20.
100 mile cruisers(100 mile)/abiders(langley)/adapters(ladysmith)/alliance of okanogan car clubs(kelowna)/apple valley cruisers(summerland)/back alley boys(burnaby)/BCCCA & BCHRA(van)/black cats(van)/blacktoppers(pg)/blacktop bombers(kelowna)/blind bay cruisers(shuswap)boundery bandits(grand forks)/bulkley valley cruisers(housten)/burnout bozzos(n. B.C.)/cal north street rods(delta)/cam jammers(vernon)/cariboo cruisers(cariboo)/cccc(chilliwack)/century toppers(vic)/center city SRA(pg). Will continue on tomorrow , If you know of any mistakes or additions alphabeticaly please post.

Hello 40 FFD.This is good stuff ,never knew so many CC existed in the province.I guess most of them got started after WW2 and well into the sixties, seventies Be interesting to gather a little history on each one,such things as when they started or ended and who were their members.Seems to be a fair number of old CC. bumper plaques around, that show at least something of their existence or passing.Have you come across any for Powell River?Also ,are you sure Satans Angels was a car club?

B.C. Custom Car Clubs.

thanks bucket t, I haven't found any clubs for Powell River yet(the closest one is the Coasters on the sunshine coast) & the Satans Angles apparatly was one of the car clubs taken in under the BCHRA or BCCCA umbrella , I can't remember which right now ,but will double check when time permits.

40fordfordorrod

Day / 7
seaside cruisers(qualicum)/shifters(van)/skeena valley cruisers(terrace)/slowpokes(cloverdale)/slowpokes(van)/southern interior drag racers(cache cr.)/squires(s.burnaby)/smokin oldies(nanimo)/stickshifts(vic)/stockers(newton)/street machines(coquitlam)/sun valley cruisers(vernon)/shuswap cruisers(salmon arm)/the others car club(westvold)/the rouges(vic)/tie rods (hope & abottsford)/torchman(langley)torque masters(sydney?)/torque masters(vic?)/torque mates(vic)/torque twisters(grand forks)

Day / 8
visa(vic)/valley millrods(creston)/valley pacers(alberni)/valley saints(pentiction)/valley street rods(alberni)/ventures(van)/westrods(new westminster)/west point customs(van)/westcoasters(white rock)/wheelers(whalley)/zoom crew(van).Please post any additions or any corrections .Thank you. 40forfordorrod ,Floyd

Yup ; at one time Stave Falls ,Websters Corners,Wonneck,Hattzic & a few more were all in Mission District.Talking about Stave Falls in about 1959 a buddy & I hiked up to a mine above Stave Dam to look for what was rumered to be a mint '32 coupe that they were using for a power unit. It turned out to be the remains of a early Packard layng beside the adit that the biggest black bear I ever ran from in my life was using for a den & he wasn't moving out. As a matter of fact it took us 1/4 the time to go down the hill as it took to go up.That was when I realized I didn't have to run fast,just faster than the buddy.40fordfordorrod

Road Ramblers etc.

Road Ramblers were from Mission. Stave Falls is in Mission District.
Mission District is a big place,when one says Mission it usually referred to Mission city and in those days the Mission Chauffeurs C.C. were the only club in town.I could be wrong but I did grow up there.

The Old mine

Yup ; at one time Stave Falls ,Websters Corners,Wonneck,Hattzic & a few more were all in Mission District.Talking about Stave Falls in about 1959 a buddy & I hiked up to a mine above Stave Dam to look for what was rumered to be a mint '32 coupe that they were using for a power unit. It turned out to be the remains of a early Packard layng beside the adit that the biggest black bear I ever ran from in my life was using for a den & he wasn't moving out. As a matter of fact it took us 1/4 the time to go down the hill as it took to go up.That was when I realized I didn't have to run fast,just faster than the buddy.40fordfordorrod[/QUO

Forty,I know of the old mine that you are mentioning.When we were kids we dug out an opening into it ,got an old row boat and lanterns and poled our way to the back of it.it was about three feet deep in water and went back considerable distance.Locals had heard of this and soon the opening was blasted shut.dam kids.LOL.